Hey UGers.......when did you guys learn your first solo?......and wat did you guys do to learn it?......and also what scales are best to learning a rock solo?...,...is there a website with a bunch of scales.....?............
thanks for you help
I think mine was smells like teen spirit which i learnt just after christmas in 04 i think, i started learning in the september of 04
Gear!
Jackson RR3 with EMGs!
B.C. Rich KKV
Yamaha F-310 Acoustic

Digitech Bad Monkey.

Peavey Valveking 112
um.... like 3 months after i got my guitar i learned the fade to black intro solo

GUITARS CURRENTLY USED
Ibanez RG7621
Ibanez RG121
ESP LTD H-400
First day I got my guitar I learnt the Zephyr Song solo which is almost as easy as smoke on the water. In the first month though I think I learnt the don't cry solo. Obviously not cleanly but I learnt it
Quote by John Petrucci
When it comes to practicing, I would spend about 63 hours a day
i learned the intro solo for welcome home by metallica about half a year after playing. I never tried to play as i tried to buff up my playing first.
Jackson RR5 ivory w/ EMG 81/85
Jackson DX6 w/ SD Distortion & Dimarzio Super Distortion
Fender Starcaster Sunburst
Mesa/Boogie DC-3
Johnson JT50 Mirage
Ibanez TS-9
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Boss CE-5

ISP Decimator
Boss DD-6
Korg Pitchblack
I learned smells like teen spirit after a few months. Even though I was a novice, I still remember thinking...."Wow, that's pretty stupid.."
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Gibson Faded V
Warmoth Strat copy
Epiphone Hummingbird (FS!!)
Ibanez SR400QM
Fender BXR100
Reggae Bass Covers mahn!!!

I learned the solo to Coffee & TV by Blur, pretty simple like 2 months after I first started, so some time in 2004?
02 MiM Telecaster-----\__Digitech Whammy__TS-10__535q__DE-7__6505+ 112
91 Heartfield Talon II-/
Sunshine of Your Love.
First song I learned to play all the way through.
Took like a month though.

EDIT: Excuse me, took like a month to learn the whole song. This was like 4 months after starting to play.
Quote by stevenpollock
You can't be successful in Jazz music until you're at least 40. You don't have anything to say.
Last edited by Vasser at Jul 11, 2009,
First solo I bothered to learn all the way through was Crazy Train. Maybe a year and a half after I started playing.
3 months after starting the guitar, I learned riffs and small parts of other songs but the first song I learned how to play all the way through was Symphony of Destruction by Megadeth
No gods or kings. There is only zuul.
Quote by RU Experienced?
Now police, fire, and EMS vehicle's sirens sound in tritones. Suck it Christians, your protectors are satans minions.

I have been sigged by UG's Greek, what have YOU done today?
my first day of playing guitar seriously (whick was the April of last year). I always had one, but it was in my closet for 3 years. then last year, i decided to truly start to learn how to play, but that guitar i had in my closet wouldn't do anything the strings were so rusted. (it was a first act) so I asked my day if I could use his guitar (Fender MiM standard strat) and i logged onto here and llooked up Like A Stone by Audioslave. it was so easy, I learned the entire song by the end of the day. I was very proud. second solo i learned was Joker & the Thief by Wolfmother.
Quote by pedromiles101
you're not gonna want to take a dump in a gross, off-colored, vintage toilet. you want something that is white and pearly; something that shines. something that you can put your cheeks against and say, "f*** yeah"
My first solo was probably a month after I started messing around with the guitar, and it was "Holiday" by Green Day. Amazing how much fun you can have with some power chords and a simplistic solo.
2 weeks -----> smell like teen spirit... epic but easy as hell...

4 month after i started guitar i made my first solo.... obviously it wasnt terrific but i still play it sometime...
Quote by BelowZero
you like bass sound. wanna go crazy on stage. and want a "place for a whammy bar"

have you been playing for two weeks?

go get a squier....

Quote by jess2112
I've heard of a guitar with five colored frets, but they don't play well.
6 months, the dreaded Stairway To Heaven. It was pretty easy actually, not near as hard as I thought it'd be. Playing the 13-15 bend part made me so satisfied, until I realized I wasn't special at all...
Originally Posted by bucktheduck
You think you're any better, swamping in sexual filth with fangs bared and blood red eyes? I see through the cold blood of you reptiles, none of you can do any good to a world that I need to fix.

Apparently, me.
The Bat Country (A7X) solo. I had waited forever to start on solos, only to find they weren't as mystical and difficult as I had thought...
Within the first month, the very very first solo I learned was
Fallen Leaves - Billy Talent

easy, fun....easy...
Solos aren't that much harder than the rest of the song usually. The talent of the guitarist reflects on his or her whole song and usually not certain parts. I learned Back In Black first, pentatonic scale. The 2 secrets to learning solos- 1. speed 2. Practice

Put a metronome on very slowly to a speed you can manage it. Only play like 2-4 measures at a time or whatever is comfortable. Play it slowly until you can play it at full speed then move it to the next section. Just take your time and be patient.
The first solos I learned were the two from Comfortably Numb. I'm not sure exactly when... Somewhere close to a year, I think.
i didn't make my first proud solo until about two years of playing, I just like it so much cause it starts with an e major run and after that it's a nice punk style pentatonic
member 21 of the ug pink floyd fan club
I PWNED VINCENT745 TWICE!!!
SPIDER WATCH
JS30RR
Agile AL3100 Silverburst (w/Entwhistle Dark Stars)
Crazy Train, took a couple of weeks. I used to think it was so hard, now its like Smoke on The Water easy to me.
Quote by U-neek
Now that is an epic win right there!!!!

I made an epic win
Jackson RR24M
PSN: Livewire410
First solo = Velvet Revolver's "Slither"

Not too hard, learned it at like.. 6 months or so?

Though, I did pick up economy picking by then, somehow, but I still can't sweep.
Sunshine of your love about 1 month into learning guitar, took me about a month to get and play well.
I had been teaching myself guitar for about a week and I learned the Greenday Holiday solo, I don't particularily like them, but it was easy to play.
I learnt 2 solos in the week I got my first guitar.

Led Zeppelin - Tangerine
Nirvana - Smells Like Teen Spirit
LIGHTNING
Californication was the first solo I learned. It wasn't a fast song so it was kind of easy to learn. That was a few years ago.
I havent learnt any yet, (only been playing 6 weeks). My guitar teacher taught me what i think is the solo bit to supersonic by oasis, but i struggle with sped on the hammer on and pull off at the end.
Quote by Scutchington
3 months after starting the guitar, I learned riffs and small parts of other songs but the first song I learned how to play all the way through was Symphony of Destruction by Megadeth

Bull****, that solo is very hard for a beginner.

Mine was the beginning One solo...didnt take me that long.
Quote by Venice King
Snatch is such a crude term - Use a better one like axe-wound or cave-opening.

Gear:
Ibanez ART300
Roland Cube 20X

I make trip-hop
https://soundcloud.com/chris-thomas-214
^ Check it out
First solo Dying In Your Arms - Trivium, about 2nd month after I got my guitar. It was my first solo attempt since I got my guitar. I kinda started out as a rhythm guitarist but I guess after listing to Trivium n a few other bands it kinda got me into lead. btw it was from UG tabs, I'm a self taught guitarist