Hi people
well, i got a Squier California Strat (Basswood) S-S-S and i wanted to put some humbuckers in to make it H-S-H
I really like the sound and feel on the strat but i want better pickups
I know that my amp is crap but i dont need a bigger amp now and ill get one by the end of the year

Here in Chile (V Region) i got access to Seymour Duncan, Dimarzio and EMG pickups
my budget is around $200 and $300 US
I play Led Zeppelin, Deep Purple, Black Sabbath, Hendrix, Queen, Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, Metallica, Megadeth, Cream, etc
from Blues to Metal

what pickups would you recommend for the bridge and neck positions?
I was thinking on something like a JB or a Super Distortion on the bridge and something with a PAF like sound on the neck
any suggestions?
thanks
Hola.
If you haven't yet, I suggest you confirm that your Squier has the routes for that configuration. Some are only routed for SSS. Some are routed for HSS. And some are routed with a swimming pool so you can drop in whatever you want. Lift up your pickguard and take a peek at the ol' girl.
get an EMG 81 for the bridge and a 60 for the neck
Quote by valterra
You traded him a sword for the guitar? You do realize that a smart person would just agree to the trade, take the sword, slay you with it, keep all of the loot and call it a day, right?

....What are they teaching you kids in school these days?!
Quote by Seref
If you haven't yet, I suggest you confirm that your Squier has the routes for that configuration. Some are only routed for SSS. Some are routed for HSS. And some are routed with a swimming pool so you can drop in whatever you want. Lift up your pickguard and take a peek at the ol' girl.

I think its routed for S-S-S but i know a luthier that can do it H-S-H
Hola.
Last edited by luyano at Jul 11, 2009,
Quote by distortion896
get an EMG 81 for the bridge and a 60 for the neck

i was thinking about it but since it's my first and only guitar i didnt want to go active yet
Hola.
I would sugest a better amp. Seriously dude, thorugh your amp it won't make any difference.
And i dont reccomend EMG's for any classic rock/blues aplications. I would recomend you to get a Seymour duncan JB/59 or JB/Jazz set, or dimarzio Super dist/PAF pro. You could also put some coil tap in there so you can have that single coil sound, or wire the 5 way swtich like on the Ibanez E-GEN

you could still get good Hendrix/SRV tones with it.
search for the diagrams here:
http://www.seymourduncan.com/support/wiring-diagrams/
and ask for anything on UG
But seriosly, try getting a better amp first. A OVX valvetronix would be fine, because here in Latin america tube amps are very expensive and hard to get
GRUPO EN ESPAÑOL

SI BUSCAS BANDA EN LATINOAMERICA O ESPAÑA, ENTRA AQUI
Last edited by ldnovelo at Jul 11, 2009,