I bought a custom made guitar from Warmoth, and when I ordered the parts, I bought the wrong bridge. The bridge had a string spacing of 2 3/16" rather than 2 1/16". So, I went on ebay and bought a fender american hardtail bridge. Went to go mount it a few minutes ago and the mounting holes don't match up! Ugh.. On the Warmoth bridge, on the under side, from side to side, the mounting holes are exactly 2" from side to side. I even tried putting the saddles from the Fender bridge on the warmoth bridge, but the string holes didn't line up..

Just wondering if anyone can help me find a Fender american strat hardtail bridge with a string spacing of 2 1/16" and the mounting holes need to be 2" apart. I talked to the shop in town (I live in Ontario) and they can't even order these bridges.. So I have to look somewhere else.

Any help is appreciated. I need a new bridge asap
the mounting holes on the Fender bridge are wider than on the bridge I got from Warmoth.. Anyone have any thoughts or opinions on how I can solve my bridge problem?
so why cant you mount the fender bridge? fill the old holes in the body and redrill for the fender bridge. whats the problem?
EAT YOUR GUITAR GEAR BLOG
Quote by BigDC
how difficult is it to build your own guitar?
Quote by Gibshall
It's hard, annoying, and makes you want to punch a baby.
Yea your gonna be way better off fixing the holes in the guitar than digging around to find the specific bridge you want if there is even 1 with those specs.
you get a lot of funny looks when you ask people for weird bridges for fenders. most techs just know about what they see everyday. hardtail strats are so rare, trying to find a tech who knows the mounting hole specs for MIM MIA vintage RI etc.. in his head is just not going to happen unless you find a real hardtail strat freak.
EAT YOUR GUITAR GEAR BLOG
Quote by BigDC
how difficult is it to build your own guitar?
Quote by Gibshall
It's hard, annoying, and makes you want to punch a baby.