The two instruments im looking at are a:

SCHECTER DIAMOND AVENGER APOCALYPSE LTD

Or a

ESP LTD F-2E Natural Gloss

However for lets say a max price of around £450 prefered i know the esp is slightly more however for metal would you say either of these two guitars are good?

Thanks, This will be my second more expensive guitar obviously and would appreciate any feed back.

Finally is the Thomann.de website recommended or are there other sites or locations in the south east (london) that sells schecters, I have tried looking everywhere and schecters seem awefully hard to get hold of.

Thanks.
Last edited by graymic at Jul 11, 2009,
The Apocalypse looks ****in awesome, but i've known esp's to be of better quality, and it probably has better pickups if they're the same price. Both guitars are good for metal although i would buy an esp over a scheter (even an esp ltd)

GUITARS CURRENTLY USED
Ibanez RG7621
Ibanez RG121
ESP LTD H-400
Quote by graymic

Finally is the Thomann.de website recommended or are there other sites or locations in the south east (london) that sells schecters, I have tried looking everywhere and schecters seem awefully hard to get hold of.

Thanks.

yeah, i was talking to a guy today, and he said they'll have alot more schecters in the UK soon. but for now, thomann is probably your best bet for them.
STEAM: beachhhhhhhh

Quote by cornmancer
Please daddy, just for one hour.
Neither. Get a used Schecter Avenger Hellraiser or ATX off Ebay. Much better than either of those for metal. The Apocalypse models aren't that great, don't they come with some 'duncan designed' PUs? And I'm pretty sure that the ESP comes with ESP 301 PUs or something like that. The Hellraiser comes with EMG 81/85s and the ATX has SD Blackouts

EDIT: apparently the Apocalypse run has Alnico Plus pups, still not enough to make me want it.
Schecter C-1 Classic Raven RG20 + Digitech RP50

Man, I could go for a 7 right now...
Last edited by leftyace at Jul 11, 2009,
If you can get your hands on the Schecter, get it. Don't think, just buy.

There's only *60* available for the US, so they'll be worth alot in the future.

@ guy above, Schecter comes with Alnico Plus
Quote by TheBigProjekt
If you can get your hands on the Schecter, get it. Don't think, just buy.

There's only *60* available for the US, so they'll be worth alot in the future.

@ guy above, Schecter comes with Alnico Plus

Just because its a limited run doesn't mean it'll be worth alot. If its a bad guitar than people won't be interested in it, even if theres only 60. *Think Gibsons 'Limited Run' Holy Explorer*

Quote by leftyace
Just because its a limited run doesn't mean it'll be worth alot. If its a bad guitar than people won't be interested in it, even if theres only 60. *Think Gibsons 'Limited Run' Holy Explorer*

....touche
Though the schecter is mind blowing I'm also saying ESP. That model happens to be a personal favourate of mine and the quality is destined to be better.
Quote by God
I'm Omnipotent, which is to say that my dick eats both meat and plants

Ronnie and Steele, Rockstars today aint half as real.

R.I.P. Ronnie James Dio & Peter Steele
the LTD while looks good and all the specs are crap imo. the floyd rose special bridge is nothing to talk about while it's pretty much an OFR built in another country it utilises different materials for it and the pickups are ESP LH-301 which i have no idea are but would be guessing is going to be nothing great. so the schecter gets it this time unless you are prepared to change pickups for a more brutal sound.
The main problem with Schecter is that the tone is very thin, and the same is true with certain ESP guitars, especially with the LTD series which is basically the Squire of ESP. Presonally i would say save up some money and buy a Fender Strat with a Floyd Rose, or maybe even get a Charvel. But its your money, do what you want with it.
Quote by sixstringmunky
The main problem with Schecter is that the tone is very thin, and the same is true with certain ESP guitars, especially with the LTD series which is basically the Squire of ESP. Presonally i would say save up some money and buy a Fender Strat with a Floyd Rose, or maybe even get a Charvel. But its your money, do what you want with it.

I'm pretty sure LTDs and Squiers are not really comparable, in terms of quality... LTDs are probably closer to MIM fenders. Fender guitars also have a much thicker neck than most LTD/ESP guitars, so if the OP is a shredder that may not be an option (dont get me wrong, I love fender guitars and own one myself).
Gear:
Guitars
ESP LTD M-1000 Deluxe w/ FR
Hamer XT-series SATQ
Fender Stratocaster
'75 Fender F-35 Acoustic
Amp
Vox VT15
Pedals
535Q Crybaby Wah
Quote by ChecKxMaTe77
I'm pretty sure LTDs and Squiers are not really comparable, in terms of quality... LTDs are probably closer to MIM fenders. Fender guitars also have a much thicker neck than most LTD/ESP guitars, so if the OP is a shredder that may not be an option (dont get me wrong, I love fender guitars and own one myself).

you might want to re-read the post he never stated that LTD are like Squiers just that LTD are the Squier of the ESP. or the LTD are the budget line of the ESP.
Quote by azn_guitarist25
you might want to re-read the post he never stated that LTD are like Squiers just that LTD are the Squier of the ESP. or the LTD are the budget line of the ESP.

Indeed. I just wanted to make sure that no one was assuming that he implied that they were on the same level, since in most cases that is certainly not true.
Gear:
Guitars
ESP LTD M-1000 Deluxe w/ FR
Hamer XT-series SATQ
Fender Stratocaster
'75 Fender F-35 Acoustic
Amp
Vox VT15
Pedals
535Q Crybaby Wah
I like esps / ltds but i'm not really into LTD F guitars :S so i would go for schecter
Join the 7 String Legion!

RG7420 with Dimarzio Crunchlab + Liquifire set
Peavey Vypyr 75 with Sanpera I
Digidesign Eleven Rack
Sennheiser HD280 headphones
Behringer FCB1010 with EurekaProm

Call me Eddy
Quote by ElvenLord
ESP. it has EMGs

You fail.

It has EMG designed ESP pickups which might as well have pole pieces made of wood. They sound like cats in a blender in a larger blender getting run over by a lawn mower. (gee im saying that alot recently).
My Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Peavey Vypyr 30
DW Collector's 3 pc drums
Mapex Black panther snare
Sabian AAX/Zildjian K cymbals.
Quote by random_B-RAD
You fail.

It has EMG designed ESP pickups which might as well have pole pieces made of wood. They sound like cats in a blender in a larger blender getting run over by a lawn mower. (gee im saying that alot recently).

sorry for that, ignore my message
I still say buy a used Hellraiser...you'll be much happier than you would with either of those guitars.

go schecter, but not the apocalypse. The pickups suck and its a bolt on. You're just paying for the paint job. You can get a hellraiser avenger b-stock or used on ebay for about $550 US which is about the same that i've seen the apocalypse avenger go for. Hellraiser has EMG 81/85, coil tapping, and neck through
Hellraiser has an EMG 81/89 Coil Tapping now 85

Go for either a Hellraiser or a Blackjack ATX
ok thanks, my tutor said ignore the LTD for ESP and get a better schecter well worth the extra, so i think i will be going for a slightly more pricey schecter.

so definately a hellraiser then or blackjack are the omen series even comparible to the prior two (hellraiser, blackjack)?
If your thinking about getting a LTD you should consider getting an Edwards. ESP>EDWARDS>LTD
You would have to throw in a bit more money but many say it's quality is VERY close to an ESP. Its MIJ btw

I have a hellraiser C1 FR and I compared it to the Backjack C1 (not sure if ATX tho) and the necks were quite different. I kinda prefer the hellraiser myself but you've gotta try it yourself and see which you like better. Your the one playing after all.
His limit is around 550€, Edwards guitars are well up in the 1500€ mark.
Quote by Demonazzz
I prefer barbed wire strings. I find I can get the most br00t41 tonez with it.
I'm with Random on this one. I had a guitar several years ago which had those "designed by seymour duncan" type pickups. I took them to a custom shop and put EMG's in it and it sounded amazing.

I would say try the ESP and The Schectar out, whichever feels better, put the pickups of your choice and you'll hear the difference.
Quote by graymic
ok thanks, my tutor said ignore the LTD for ESP and get a better schecter well worth the extra, so i think i will be going for a slightly more pricey schecter.

so definately a hellraiser then or blackjack are the omen series even comparible to the prior two (hellraiser, blackjack)?

If you get a BJ, get an ATX model because they come with great SD Blackouts. If you want a $500 USD Hellraiser you can get the Hellraiser Deluxe, Comes with EMG 81/85s stock.
Dont bother with the omen series if you're spending this much, your best bet is either a Hellraiser DLX or a used Hellraiser or BJ ATX.

I have to point this out, i am a full blown shredder, but i play a fender strat and a tele. so you dont need a super thin neck to shred, i actuallly find the thin neck to be counter active