Hi everyone

Sorry if I do anything wrong, as I'm new to Ultimate Guitar.

Anyway, I don't really get on with the pickups in my Fender Stratocaster, and I can't decide between these two sets of pickups:

Fender Hot Noiseless

Fender Samarium Cobalt Noiseless

I'm sure I would like noiseless pickups, as my current pickups create quite a lot of unwanted noise.

So please can you help me decide between these two sets of pickups? Which ones are best? If it helps I would like a fairly versatile sound, so I can handle clean and dirty tones.

Thank you in advance.
can you be a little more specific on the styles of music you want to play? i'm not trying to be a jerk, but your request is kind of ambiguous.
Warmoth Strat w/ Lace Holy Grails
'07 Roadhouse Strat
Washburn WD-21 all Koa Acoustic
Marshall JCM-2000 TSL-122
Bugera V-5
Quote by Rogue Hermit
can you be a little more specific on the styles of music you want to play? i'm not trying to be a jerk, but your request is kind of ambiguous.

Well just bluesy Eric Clapton and Jimi Hendrix sort of stuff.
I forgot what kind but I know some type of lace sensor give an excellent Clapton tone. I'll see if I can find where I read that it was only recently.
Edit: Lace Sensor golds
My Gear:
Jackson DK2M
PRS Paul Allender Sig
Epiphone SG Special
Fender Blues Jr.
Roland Micro Cube
Last edited by gstacey1 at Jul 11, 2009,
Clapton and Hendrix recorded with Gibsons. Hot Rails might help a bit.
I pick up my guitar and play
Just like Yesterday

T C Ellis Series 2 LP w/Skatterbrane Quiescence pups
Cort EVL-K6
Yamaha RGX211 modded
H&S Electric 12-string
Shaftsbury Ricki 4001
'84 Fender Yale
Roland Cube 15x

The Fender noiseless pickups are often referred to as "toneless." I have the SCN pickups and they're really good. They're very responsive to the pickup height because they don't have much magnet pull. If you want them to be hotter, just put them closer to the strings.
Welcome to UG

and noiseless pickups do lose some tone, but not as much as some people say, Clapton uses them (usually live) and his tone is excellent. Anyway my favorite is the SCN pickups, very responsive.
Last edited by whitenihilist at Jul 11, 2009,
Quote by Lurcher

terrible suggestion. hot rails are horrible pups as is IMHO. but even worse for clapton and hendrix

I can't really recommend any fender pups because I am not a big fan of them at all.

but I think some Dimarzios would be great for what you want these are noiseless and have tone for miles

bridge pup - Dimarzio HS-3
middle pup - Dimarzio Area 67
neck pup - Dimarzio Area 58
My Gear
Guitars:
-Gibson Les Paul Tribute (Bare Knuckle Nailbombs)
-Ibanez "lawsuit" Les Paul (Seymour Duncan Pegasus and Sentinent)
-Ibanez S470 (Dimarzio D-sonic and Humbucker from Hell)
-PRS SE Custom (Guitarforce Black Diamond and Lord of the Blues)

Amp:
Marshall TSL100
EVH 5150III EL-34 50w
Marshall 1960a cab

Effects:
Dunlop 535q wah
Boss Super Chorus
Bogner Uberschall
Ibanez DE7 Delay
Electro-Harmonix Power Booster
Fender PT100 Pedal Tuner

Strings:
Ernie Ball Skinny Top/Heavy Bottom 10-52
Your new to UG so Hi

What do you mean by noise? I had a friend get Noiseless pickups for his strat because they were making too much noise but he complained it still made noise >.> I asked him to demonstrat and the noise was from taking his hand off the strings after palm muting and pulling off too hard after playing a note. Incase that is the noise you have it is technique. The noise that the noiseless pickups will fix is the humming feedback from single coil pickups.

Just pointing it out so you don't waste money on pickups with (in my opinion) terrible tone.
My Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Peavey Vypyr 30
DW Collector's 3 pc drums
Mapex Black panther snare
Sabian AAX/Zildjian K cymbals.
Quote by gstacey1
I forgot what kind but I know some type of lace sensor give an excellent Clapton tone. I'll see if I can find where I read that it was only recently.
Edit: Lace Sensor golds

That's because for long time Clapton had the Golds in his signature Strat.

Quote by Lurcher

What are you smoking? After the sixties Clapton used Strats for most of his recordings. Jimi Hendrix hardly ever played his Gibsons and is known for playing Strats exclusively and is always pictured with one.

Hot Rails aren't good in the first place and awful for blues.
1999 Fender '69 Thinline Telecaster Reissue
Ibanez TS-9
Vox AC4TV

Last.fm
I don't like any of the Fender noiseless pups. I've heard good things about Kinman pups (noiseless as well), but never actually heard them firsthand or tried them. I recommend Fralin pups for Strats, although they are not noiseless they sound better than anything else I've heard.