i can afford it.. and i like to play metal. just wanna know if the tone quality is good. how it handles... all that
You might be able to get a better guitar then that. So what is your budget for a new guitar. That's an ok guitar, with an ok trem.
Quote by Ghold125
What is your budget and kinds of music do you play?

since this guy ^ cant grasp the concept of answering your question ill do it.

I own a hardtail version of this 421exfm and the tone is good, the pickups are a little less hot than id like but they still do most metal good enough. Id look for a pickup upgrade (as i did) eventually but overall its a decent sounding guitar. Personally playing the trems on the lower end Ibanez's im not a fan so if you are gonna get it then get the hard tail or get a different guitar if you have your heart set on a trem/floyd.
~Defiant~
Quote by chikinskratch
i can afford it.. and i like to play metal. just wanna know if the tone quality is good. how it handles... all that

ermm bridge, pickups are nothing to brag about. i've got 3 rg's (well 2 bodies) and they all sit comfortably with me but anyway considering that the majority of your tone will come from the amp, what amp do you play?
Quote by chikinskratch
a marshall 35 watt

35? More specifics please? Such as what line of model it is, and what's your current guitar and all the dough you can shell out for new gear?
Ibanez S540

MXR EVH Phaser
Ibanez TS-9
Ibanez WD-7
Electro Harmonix LPB-1

Traynor YCS 50 Blue
I have the hardtail version as well, and agree with the guy a couple posts up. Plays very solid...pickups weren't great, so I switched them out as well, for some hotter SD Blackouts. But I would recommend it as a somewhat lower end metal guitar.
Gear:

Ibanez RG3EXFM1
Agile AL 3100
Yamaha G-40
Roland Microcube
Roland Cube 30X
Only problem with that bridge is that over time the knife edges wear out quicker than most guitars. Once that happens they need to be resharped or replaced because the guitar will have tuning stability issues afterwards.
Ibanez.