Sooo... the Vox AD100VT-XL for $299 on clearance that I wanted to get is gone.... but I still want need a new amp! What is a great, all-around, POWERFUL amp (well the AD100VT-XL was 100W... ), preferably with speaker out jack Amp that you guys think I should get?? My budget is roughly $400

Right now my eyes are set on a $299 Peavey Bandit 112... doesn't quite satiate my thirst for the Vox.. but... .............

Cheers, guys
Kaguya: Ibanez GRX20 - Coil-split handwound Humbuckers
Isabelle: Fender 50's Road Worn Strat signed by AutoVaughn
Selene: Ibanez RG2EX1
Blackstar HT-5
B-52 At-112.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
I just ordered the Blackstar HT 5H halfstack, strings and a speaker cable, plus shipping and tax for $402 on Music123. If you spend more than $400 you get $65 off. (July only)
daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
I'm gonna need specific instructions again on how to properly dance with my pants on my head.
Quote by lolmnt
First you put your pants on your head.
Second you dance.
Third you wipe off all the pussy.
Quote by JayT44
I just ordered the Blackstar HT 5H halfstack, strings and a speaker cable, plus shipping and tax for $402 on Music123. If you spend more than $400 you get $65 off. (July only)

He said he's looking for a "powerful" amp, which I'm assuming that means he needs it loud enough to jam with a band. The HT-5 won't be loud enough.
Quote by Dave_Mc
Quote by jj1565

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by MatrixClaw
He said he's looking for a "powerful" amp, which I'm assuming that means he needs it loud enough to jam with a band. The HT-5 won't be loud enough.

Ah. B-52 AT-112 then.
daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
I'm gonna need specific instructions again on how to properly dance with my pants on my head.
Quote by lolmnt
Second you dance.
Quote by MatrixClaw

My HT-5 can be heard over my drummer and bassist pretty successfully. You don't get cleans out of it obviously but it can be heard.
Yea, I'm looking for an amp loud enough for jamming with a band/small gigs/etc.. I see the B-52 AT-112 is a common suggestion by forumites, although the reviews are bad compared to the Bandit. Why is that?? Or is it because the AT-112 is a Tube Combo while the Bandit is Solid State?? Just curious!
Blackstar HT-5
Quote by hmbeast
My HT-5 can be heard over my drummer and bassist pretty successfully. You don't get cleans out of it obviously but it can be heard.

With what cabs though?
daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
Quote by lolmnt
Second you dance.
it would appear you play metal so i would rcomend the peavey valveking 112. 50 watts of tube power and very good at playing metal and heavy rock.
Quote by Lekz
Yea, I'm looking for an amp loud enough for jamming with a band/small gigs/etc.. I see the B-52 AT-112 is a common suggestion by forumites, although the reviews are bad compared to the Bandit. Why is that?? Or is it because the AT-112 is a Tube Combo while the Bandit is Solid State?? Just curious!

It's because a Bandit is usually a beginner's amp so someone that doesn't know that much will be likely to say that it is awesome OMG Teh winzorz!!!! when in fact it isn't. The Bandit is a nice beginner amp, but the B-52 is on a whole different level IMO. Louder with more gain and clarity. It just plain sounds better. Even the reliability problems have been sorted out for the most part. It really is a great amp, especially for the money.
Quote by Lekz

Exactly what acdcrocks said. The AT-112 is louder than both the amps you were/are looking at, and sounds a hell of a lot better too. It's is also better than the Valveking that is inevitably going to be (and already has been) recommended to you

Quote by hmbeast

Unless you're playing through a 4x12 and/or the amp is very close to the drummer and directly facing him, I have a hard time believing this, unless your drummer hits super light.

Being a drummer myself, I've never heard a 5W amp that is loud enough for me to hear while playing, even on full blast; and I don't play THAT loud
Quote by Dave_Mc
Quote by jj1565

www.SanctityStudios.com
Last edited by MatrixClaw at Jul 11, 2009,
Quote by britishsligean
it would appear you play metal so i would rcomend the peavey valveking 112. 50 watts of tube power and very good at playing metal and heavy rock.

I actually enjoying playing all kinds of music, but playing Metal is always a lot of fun :P I like having a lot of versatility (I know my rig doesn't hint at that at all )...

btw, I won the Fender Road Worn 50's strat from the Road Worn contest (fan who votes most.. yea I don't have a life)... didn't want to reveal that to the world until I get the guitar sometime in August.. oh well.. but I hear it's surprisingly good at doing what a Strat does best, and I want to get nice bluesy tones out of it
Blackstar HT-5
Last edited by Lekz at Jul 11, 2009,
Quote by acdcrocks0323
It's because a Bandit is usually a beginner's amp so someone that doesn't know that much will be likely to say that it is awesome OMG Teh winzorz!!!! when in fact it isn't. The Bandit is a nice beginner amp, but the B-52 is on a whole different level IMO. Louder with more gain and clarity. It just plain sounds better. Even the reliability problems have been sorted out for the most part. It really is a great amp, especially for the money.

That makes sense .. I did notice that most of the "low" reviews were all about it dying out.. and one or two about the "nonexistent tone", but all of the other reviews praise it quite a lot
Blackstar HT-5
Quote by MatrixClaw

according to some sources, 5w tube amps are as loud as trumpets. but the clean would be lacking, so i go to the B52 bandwagon

EDIT: the peavey wont have anything that your vox didn't have. Your vox is better than it.

I reccomend you to search for a used Peavey classic 30, Laney VC15, or fender hot rod/blues junior and an Overdrive
GRUPO EN ESPAÑOL

SI BUSCAS BANDA EN LATINOAMERICA O ESPAÑA, ENTRA AQUI
Last edited by ldnovelo at Jul 11, 2009,
Quote by ldnovelo
according to some sources, 5w tube amps are as loud as trumpets. but the clean would be lacking, so i go to the B52 bandwagon

EDIT: the peavey wont have anything that your vox didn't have. Your vox is better than it.

I reccomend you to search for a used Peavey classic 30, Laney VC15, or fender hot rod/blues junior and an Overdrive

Alright man! I'll look into those too... Also, I see you speak spanish :P I was raised in Panama, asi que yo tambien hablo espanol :P
Blackstar HT-5
Quote by ldnovelo

I've never played with anyone that had a 5W amp that was loud enough to be heard over a decent-hitting drummer Hell, I can't even hear guitar when playing drums on any of my amps unless they're about 1/4 the way up, and all of them are 100W+.

I'm not sure how much metal/'high gain tones are important to the TS, but if they are, I wouldn't suggest any of those amps
Quote by Dave_Mc
Quote by jj1565

www.SanctityStudios.com