hi everyone.

sorry if this is in wrong place, first post.

i have been play guitar for a few months now, doing licks ect.. but when i play chords i seem to have trouble. when i play the chord right handed like this i seem to struggle.

x
but when i play it like this, which i think is left handed i can play the chord clearly:
x

would it be better for me to restring my guitar or to try and learn chords right handed?

lan3y.
before I answer your question, are you sure you are reading the chord charts correctly? The top number is actually the bottom string. ie the top chart on the guitar would be

e
b
g
d
a
e
Suhr Custom, Flaxwood Rautia or Grosh Tele thru
HBE Medicine Bawl Wah
Analogman BiComp
Texas Two Step OD
Fulltone Ultimate Octave/Fuzz
Boss CE-2
TC Nova Delay
SLO-100, 65 London or Bogner Shiva
Ask me about any of this stuff!
oops maybe this is a lil easier:

i cant play it like that.

but i can play it like: 1st fret a string, 2nd fret b, 3rd fret g [the chord reversed] if that makes any sense.

lan3y
...hmmm....

Theres really no point in stringing your guitar the other way...unless, you are using your right hand to fret it? In which case you're playing it left handed.

If you are fretting with your left hand, you are playing right handed and are just learning a totally different chord by playing it that way. So then theres no point restringing and you can just learn to fret it the right way round :P
Quote by lan3y
oops maybe this is a lil easier:

i cant play it like that.

but i can play it like: 1st fret a string, 2nd fret b, 3rd fret g [the chord reversed] if that makes any sense.

lan3y

Then you're just playing a completely different chord which has nothing to do with the C chord you want to play.

Just practice, there's very few things on guitar that you'll just be able to "do" without spending a fair bit of time learning and practicing them first.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
What part of the C chord is giving you trouble? Do you end up muting the D string or e string?

Check out Freepower's lessons on youtube
www.youtube.com/user/freepowerug
Quote by Geldin
Junior's usually at least a little terse, but he knows his stuff. I've always read his posts in a grouchy grandfather voice, a grouchy grandfather with a huge stiffy for alternate picking.
Besides that, he's right this time. As usual.