Alright I like to play alot of Power/Trash Metal like Iced Earth, Firewind, Primal Fear, Hammerfall Etc. All Im gonna be playing is these types of metal so I don't need a terribly versatile amp, also something I can play without waking up the neighbors. I don't need the cops knocking at my door lol. I'm just looking for an amp to have fun with while getting as close as I can to these sounds, im not going to be gigging or anything. Ive got 1200 bones to work with. Any help would be appreciated.
Something from the Randall MTS series. There is a RM50 combo with the Blackface and 1086 modules on Ebay for $700. Extremely versatile.
"If A is a success in life, then A equals x + y + z. Work = x; y = play; and z = keeping your mouth shut."
--Einstein

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
--Einstein
When you refer to "bones", are you talking about the ones the British use to smack their woman up with, the American ones use to smack their woman up with, the Europian ones use to smack their woman up with, or the Asian... blah blah blah?

Quote by chainsawguitar
Yeh you probably want like a 15watt marshall amp for that. Although you could also go for a Randall....

...Just dont buy a fender, that would be totally the wrong amp...

Ya, Fender is a great name, but not ideal for metal. more for blues/classic rock/country.

The Randall is nice b/c you can have a module for each sound. One for the Fender Clean, one for the Marshall gain, one for the Mesa Boogie gain. Moreover, you can have the stock modules modded by many different people. For example, Anthony (Salvation on the MTS forum) can take the standard Clean module and make a Lone Star clone called the Lone Clean. here is a clip: http://soundclick.com/share?songid=7810061
It sounds amazing. He can do a mod to the 1086 to make it unbelieveably brutal: http://mtsforum.grailtone.com/viewtopic.php?t=7373

So many options in one little amp. And $700 is a great price for the combo and two modules. Thats 50% of retail price.

good luck.
"If A is a success in life, then A equals x + y + z. Work = x; y = play; and z = keeping your mouth shut."
--Einstein

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
--Einstein