any crits are welcome on my voice, i'm learning how to sing and have been doing so for about 3 months what do you guys think...i'll crit your guys back

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=utnCmtzZtUg

recorded version

http://www.myspace.com/losthighway209
MY Setup
carvin v3 full stack 100 watt all tube power
a 1981 carvin (m-22 pickup) great tone
Rack Setup
carvin compressor
carvin fx 2
BBE Sonic Maximizer
Rocktron Noise Gate
furman power conditioner
Last edited by I AM CAT at Jul 13, 2009,
forgot to put the link in there but its there now ahahah sorry bout that!
MY Setup
Rack Setup
carvin compressor
carvin fx 2
BBE Sonic Maximizer
Rocktron Noise Gate
furman power conditioner
Your voice was excellent. You have a very nice sounding voice and I didn't notice any bad pitch problems. When I saw just a guy with an acoustic guitar I was afraid it was going to be one of those songs where they do nothing but strum the same 4 chords for 5 minutes. I was pleasantly surprised the guitar part was simple for the most part but with enough added in to keep in interesting and enjoyable. I really can't think of anything to crit as you obviously can't mix with a video camera and you didn't have any additional instrumentation. Having said that I'd like to hear a more serious recording of it with a full band. As an acoustic peace though it was great.

I'd appreciate your input on my music. Links in sig.
Thanks man, yeah I'm working on recording it actually soon, but just wanted to get up a rough acoustic version to see what people thought thank you =]
MY Setup
Rack Setup
carvin compressor
carvin fx 2
BBE Sonic Maximizer
Rocktron Noise Gate
furman power conditioner
Nice dude. Defnatly not bad. You're voice is quite pleasant to the ear.
Nice composition and lyrics.
Plus your apartment looks cozy as ****.

I'd say I'm in the same boat as you are kinda...
Reach The Sun vv is my first singing attempt. Check that out if you feel like it.
Hey really cool. Nice chord progressions and stuff. Vocals are pretty sweet man, but I can't help but think the camera quality made it a little worse, so you're probably even better than the video showed haha. So nice song, great vocals, good job dude.
OH LAAWDDYY!!!!
Nice I really like it! When you record it are you going to keep stripped down and acoustic? 'cause it sounds great how it is!
yeah man you pretty good.nice song good voice.i got a song called end of it if you want to crit the idea.i now the timing and playing off.dun real quick.
Damn good song mate!I would like to hear you record that with some recording software rather than on vid.10/10
Hey,that's good !
Nice voice, reminds me a lot of Pink Floyd (Animals) and Starsailor !
I wish I could sing like that.
Keep on practicing the vocal, you will be great :-)
Thank you all for such kind words! =]

I was thinking of recording tomorrow a version stripped down like this with my recorder, and then maybe another version with full band.

I bought those Brett Manning singing success tapes and within 3 months i went from literally not being able to hit a note to i guess pretty decent but great tapes, help me get better everyday
MY Setup
Rack Setup
carvin compressor
carvin fx 2
BBE Sonic Maximizer
Rocktron Noise Gate
furman power conditioner
Last edited by I AM CAT at Jul 13, 2009,
It was a pretty song as melody goes, and I really appreciated the lyrical quality.

It sounds wonderful as a simple guitar piece, and sounds too intimate to emaciate with too many other guitars, effects, and that nonsense. Light drums might sound nice, and maybe a dirty/clean guitar for a solo section, but thats all purely taste of the artist.

Great taste, by the way.
GTFO my sig
You have a great range, and a rich quality and tone to your voice. Really nice lyrics and the guitar work was good - tidy and simple, complimenting your singing. Don't know what else to say, if you've only been working on singing for three months, you clearly have some talent there! Keep at it!

I've also recently started to sing. If you could have a look at this it would be much appreciated.
Thanks everyone! I'm currently recording it today on my recorder, I don't have a way to input drums or anything tho, but it will be a studioized version of what you guys heard. I def feel much more comfortable with my voice after hearing such kind words
MY Setup
Rack Setup
carvin compressor
carvin fx 2
BBE Sonic Maximizer
Rocktron Noise Gate
furman power conditioner
just posted the recorded version of the stripped down way of playing it, so if you want to check it out, the link is at the top in my original post =]
MY Setup
Rack Setup
carvin compressor
carvin fx 2
BBE Sonic Maximizer
Rocktron Noise Gate
furman power conditioner