Hey guys

As the title says i do need a little help to nudge me in the direction towards the correct set of pickups. Im fairly new to the whole guitar customisation thing so i have no clue!

The pickups are for my Ibanez g10, because it's loosing its tone it had when i first got it.
I play alot of Heavy metal, the occasional metalcore...

Unfortunatly I'm not made of money (im only a student!) so they need to be in a realistic price range.

Any suggestions at all?
Well not wearing out... it just sempt alot more powerful. Plus i wasn't really happy with the tone in the first place :P stupid single coils... ¬¬
Gibson dirty fingers are epic fa sho.
daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
I'm gonna need specific instructions again on how to properly dance with my pants on my head.
Quote by lolmnt
First you put your pants on your head.
Second you dance.
Third you wipe off all the pussy.
It could be that your ear is becoming more and more susceptible to tone; which your Ibanez G10 isn't great at providing.

To put the money into pickups may not be the best option. If, for instance, you pay €150 on a new set, you'll only be upgrading the tone by a slight amount. But if you put that same money into an amp fund and wait another while, you could pick up a Vox AD30VT on the used market. That should improve your tone quite substantially.

edit: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/vox-ad30vt-ad30-ad-30-valvetronix-guitar-amplifier_W0QQitemZ320394024413QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_MusicalInstr_Amplifiers_RL?hash=item4a98f8d5dd&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=65%3A12%7C66%3A2%7C39%3A1%7C72%3A1688%7C293%3A1%7C294%3A50
Last edited by AngryGoldfish at Jul 11, 2009,
Lol to be honest i really havn't thought about that. Thanks for the warning
Quote by AngryGoldfish
It could be that your ear is becoming more and more susceptible to tone; which your Ibanez G10 isn't great at providing.

To put the money into pickups may not be the best option. If, for instance, you pay €150 on a new set, you'll only be upgrading the tone by a slight amount. But if you put that same money into an amp fund and wait another while, you could pick up a Vox AD30VT on the used market. That should improve your tone should quite substantially.

I agree. Also, if you want pickups, active humbuckers are great, thats what I recomend.
Quote by Xzaii
Well not wearing out... it just sempt alot more powerful. Plus i wasn't really happy with the tone in the first place :P stupid single coils... ¬¬

Are you saying you want to replace single coil pickups with humbuckers?
Because that may mean doing some routing on your guitar as well as getting a new pickguard

Either way, I really don't think putting new pickups in an Ibanez Gio is really the way to go

It'd probably be better to wait a while and save up your money for an entirely new guitar or amp

I just don't think modding entry level guitars is such a hot idea
Yeah i have to admit, i thought it was abit of a dodgy idea myself. I suppose i should be looking into a more decent gear
Last edited by Xzaii at Jul 11, 2009,