When i tune my guitar down to drop C, it stays in tune as it should, but the string tension is way to loose for me....i use 9's and thats prob the problem, but what strings would be good for dropping down but retaining some more tension. Skinny top heavy bottoms?
-Jake Blackwood
heavier everything if you'll drop all strings, heavy low and skinny tops if only downtuning e.
You pretty much answered your own question.
i use STHB for Drop C but i'm about to start using 11's as i personally think the lighter strings are too light. so start with STHB's to get the feel for them.
Quote by pedromiles101
you're not gonna want to take a dump in a gross, off-colored, vintage toilet. you want something that is white and pearly; something that shines. something that you can put your cheeks against and say, "f*** yeah"
I'd probably go with .11 for drop C. You could also get skinny top heavy bottom stings as you said.
Quote by aldo47
(i thought hot strings would make me finger faster.)
so i tried to set my strings on fire by putting a lighter on the high e string n it cut it so wtf??!!? i passed the lighter rrly slowly by it for less then a sec n then it snapped...