So I've got my decorated Squier Stratocaster that is looking quite pretty. It plays nice and sounds pretty good too. The only thing is that when I use the whammy for a bit, the G string goes way sharp. Most of the other strings stay pretty much the same, its just that one string most of the time. Now, I'm not some crazy guy doing divebomb type stuff, I just use it moderatly hard i guess. So I was thinking maybe getting some locking tuners? Or is it possible to install a locking nut on my neck? What are the pros/cons of them, or are they almost the same thing?
Gibson Les Paul + Orange Tiny Terror = Sex
it could be the tuner the nut or the saddle. check all three. helps to have a good string tree if you have a string tree on G. and a slippery graphite nut.
EAT YOUR GUITAR GEAR BLOG
Quote by BigDC
how difficult is it to build your own guitar?
Quote by Gibshall
It's hard, annoying, and makes you want to punch a baby.
lube the nut and the string tree maybe. Or need to change strings if those fail. If that fails, buy a new graphite nut. They have less slippage.
Jackson RR5 ivory w/ EMG 81/85
Jackson DX6 w/ SD Distortion & Dimarzio Super Distortion
Fender Starcaster Sunburst
Mesa/Boogie DC-3
Johnson JT50 Mirage
Ibanez TS-9
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Boss CE-5

ISP Decimator
Boss DD-6
Korg Pitchblack
Quote by apak
lube the nut and the string tree maybe. Or need to change strings if those fail. If that fails, buy a new graphite nut. They have less slippage.

they have more slippage. thats why it helps. slippery nut lets the string have equal tension on both sides of the nut. so the tuner is under the same stress as the saddle. when its not slippery you have slips under tension. the release is what makes it go out of tune. so on a slippery nut your guitar tunes up when you do and not 5 minutes later when you bend the string.
EAT YOUR GUITAR GEAR BLOG
Quote by BigDC
how difficult is it to build your own guitar?
Quote by Gibshall
It's hard, annoying, and makes you want to punch a baby.