plenty good.
Quote by pedromiles101
you're not gonna want to take a dump in a gross, off-colored, vintage toilet. you want something that is white and pearly; something that shines. something that you can put your cheeks against and say, "f*** yeah"
I use 11-54s and it's perfect.

I'm assuming C# is all the strings down 1/2 step and the low a step and a half?

if so, that's my band's tuning.
i've done it, it works plenty well

i keep my guitar in D standard and i have plenty of tension to spare with that gauge, don't plan on tuning back up to e without redoing the neck relief on your guitar though
Warning: The above post may contain lethal levels of radiation, sharp objects and sexiness.
Proceed with extreme caution!
Last edited by justinb904 at Jul 11, 2009,
Quote by Crydius
I use 11-54s and it's perfect.

I'm assuming C# is all the strings down 1/2 step and the low a step and a half?

if so, that's my band's tuning.

C# Standard is 1 1/2 steps down on every string.
Quote by pedromiles101
you're not gonna want to take a dump in a gross, off-colored, vintage toilet. you want something that is white and pearly; something that shines. something that you can put your cheeks against and say, "f*** yeah"
Yup. .013s are apparently ideal for B standard, but I've always used them for C#/Drop B.
.11-.52, .12-.54 are ideal.
I NEED TO CHANGE MY USERNAME

• Agile AL-3XXX Custom Tobacco Sunburst w/ EMG 57/66
  • ESP LTD EC-1000T CTM Black w/ Seymour Duncan Blackouts
  • Jet City JCA100HDM w/ Avatar Contemporary 2x12 Cab
  • Seymour Duncan 805 Overdrive
  • Dunlop OG Crybaby Wah
  • MXR Smartgate
definatly. I use them for drop c/d standard so they should be good. btw, I once used 9s for C# standard, not my best idea.
Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
The grandmother is having a baby with her grandson, so the grandson will be his own fathers father, the baby will be his own grandfather, and grandson, and the grandmother will be the mother, and great grandmother?

Quote by TheBurningFish
ಠ_ಠ
i use a set of .10-.56 for standard D. imo for the heavier strings, thicker is better. for metal anyway.
Quote by archerygenious
Jesus Christ since when is the Pit a ****ing courtroom...

Like melodic, black, death, symphonic, and/or avant-garde metal? Want to collaborate? Message me!
Alright cool, My guitar is in Drop C right now with 10's when I put 12's on do I need to adjust anything? (besides intonation)
maybe the truss rod.
Quote by pedromiles101