Page 1 of 2
Every time I'm busy with school, and I have a really bad day, I always think of the things I've got time to do in the summer vacation... But now that it's summer vacation, I found out that I'm just being ****ing lazy, as I'm not doing anything which is even a little important and meaningful.

I'm sitting at the computer all day long, surfing the interwebz (The Pit mostly) and playing Battlefield 2 (no summer without Battlefield 2, hell no!), and doing **** like that. I've got some ideas I'm working on, but I'm just not inspired and motivated to continue, which is BS, 'cause I'm really ****ing inspired, and I'm definitely motivated... I'm just ****ing lazy, and I'm really sick of it. Old, bad habits. I wake up at 2 p.m. thinking of all the stuff I'm going to do, but it never happens. Just ending up screwing myself... Goddamn procrastination!

Excuse my language.

tl;dr: I've got all these things I want to do, and I have time to do it, but I end up doing nothing.

So, The Pit... What are you doing this summer? Are you failing as much as me?
C4C
Please check out some of my original music and leave me a comment @ SoundCloud
(or in my profile!)

Progressive|Thrash|Math|Metal
Actually yeah. Except no Battlefield, my computer doesn't run any games. The most complex thing it can handle is The Sims 1.
My day goes like this
-Wake up at around 1-2 PM
-Eat breakfast
-Play guitar
-Read for about an hour
-Dinner
-More reading
-Conan O'Brien
-Guitar
-The Pit
-Sleep
Quote by Chrisiphone
Oh wow this is a guitar forum!
Quote by JacobTheMe

Karvid is sexy

Quote by KAS1981
Why is it that some folks quote praise from other members in their sig lines?
Its lame.
I smoked bad weed yesterday.

Just got Bloodshot eyes, munchies, and Dry mouth.

That's probably the only bad part of my summer so far.

Sorry.
BRIAN. SCHNEIDER.
Quote by Twisted Magnum
1. Get banned
2. Sort out your failure of the excuse that you call a "life"

That's harsh, man...

Whatever, I need it.
C4C
(or in my profile!)

Dude

I know exactly what you mean

I fail just as hard as you

I was planning on getting fit, sight-reading two pieces a day, and going to music camps...

But same thing happened to me as to you

I realized I'm just completely and totally lazy...
Nope, you could say I uh... succeeded?
Quote by 20cdndollars
You are god, floppypick

Floppydick

If that's how you read my name, leave a message saying so on my profile
Quote by BlisteringDDj
I'm just ****ing lazy, and I'm really sick of it. Old, bad habits. I wake up at 2 p.m. thinking of all the stuff I'm going to do, but it never happens. Just ending up screwing myself... Goddamn procrastination!

Excuse my language.

tl;dr: I've got all these things I want to do, and I have time to do it, but I end up doing nothing.

So, The Pit... What are you doing this summer? Are you failing as much as me?

Ooooh, here's your contradiction. Maybe try waking up a little earlier? That way, if you want to get together with friends or something, you'll not only have an earlier start, but you'll have a bit more motivation because it won't feel like the day is already halfway over. Same applies to all your ideas (I assume musical ideas?) you're working on.

Totally feel your pain, though. This is the first summer of my entire life where I've been productive and not just sat around all day. I feel like I have a lot of catching up to do now.
Quote by jetfuel495
that is one goddamn shiny mother****ing toaster you have there
Quote by Dog--
It seems the top of those waffles are burnt.
Quote by imdeth
The toast has little red arrows growing from it. Nobody wants that.

SHUDDUP AND EAT YER TOAST
Quote by ToastYerLicks
Ooooh, here's your contradiction. Maybe try waking up a little earlier? That way, if you want to get together with friends or something, you'll not only have an earlier start, but you'll have a bit more motivation because it won't feel like the day is already halfway over. Same applies to all your ideas (I assume musical ideas?) you're working on.

Yeah, you've got a good point... I've actually never thought about that, thanks!
C4C
(or in my profile!)

Quote by Karvid
My day goes like this

-Play guitar - or xbox

-Dinner

-Guitar
-The Pit
-Sleep

My day is similar to Karvid's but with somethings taken away...
actually I'm taking summer classes, practicing, working, saving money, going to concerts, reading....

so no, my summer is going well and I'm being productive.

But thank you for caring
Quote by sluffinator
Yeh this guy knows his ****... just listen to him XD

Quote by ScreamingCheeto
NaivexLi is anything but naive. His post was a pretty good source of info.

Thanks

Quote by MightyAl

Pro tip, kids - girls are NOT impressed by your blood.
What time are you going to sleep if you wake up at 1-2 PM...
Quote by telecastermetal
i dont live in merica.
and enter sandman has good songs
You succeed at failing.
April is the cruellest month, breeding Lilacs out of the dead land, mixing Memory and desire, stirring Dull roots with spring rain
^ Brilliant!

Quote by Ssw706
What time are you going to sleep if you wake up at 1-2 PM...

Around 5 a.m.

C4C
(or in my profile!)

Last edited by BlisteringDDj at Jul 11, 2009,
Quote by Karvid
My day goes like this
-Eat breakfast
-Play guitar
-Read for about an hour
-Dinner
-More reading
-Conan O'Brien
-Guitar
-The Pit
-Sleep

Hell yeah!
high five, man...we should hang out.
Quote by archerygenious
Jesus Christ since when is the Pit a ****ing courtroom...

Like melodic, black, death, symphonic, and/or avant-garde metal? Want to collaborate? Message me!
Quote by BlisteringDDj
^ Brilliant!

Around 5 a.m.

Go to bed earlier. Quit the pit for (at least) a week.
I think we took too many drugs when we were kids,
'cause now we like to make
Weird Music
-Wayne Coyne
Quote by iantheman
Quit the pit for (at least) a week.

Sadly, that is probably the solution to all of the pit-dwellers' problems...
Quote by floppypick
Nope, you could say I uh... succeeded?

well aren't you the cat's mother****ing meow.
Quote by jjennings216
i'd go gay for hendrix 128 he's fricken hillarious.

Quote by sadistic_monkey
To me, Jonas Brothers sound identical to Dragonforce. So I'm not sure what you've just proved.
Quote by hendrix_128
well aren't you the cat's mother****ing meow.

Sorry, there was just too much negativeness in the thread, I figured it could use some good news!

Quote by 20cdndollars
You are god, floppypick

Floppydick

If that's how you read my name, leave a message saying so on my profile
I watch conan too. just the jokes at the beginning. And I always wonder what remark hes gonna make about the crowd. But yeah summer days like this are supposed to be like this. Enjoy the stress free days, and constant relaxation. Thats what it is all about.
Quote by El3ment380
I watch conan too. just the jokes at the beginning. And I always wonder what remark hes gonna make about the crowd. But yeah summer days like this are supposed to be like this. Enjoy the stress free days, and constant relaxation. Thats what it is all about.

Yes, and that is why they started smoking marijuana, to help with this relaxation. (Please do not go brainiac on me and tell me that's not why people started smoking pot)
I actually took a class over summer semester and I'm happy about how it went. A bit discouraged 'cause I didn't really progress in guitar, but I did spend some fun, memorable times with friends. My summer was decent.

Maybe you should get rid of the TV. I haven't had one in years.
Quote by Eminored
I actually took a class over summer semester and I'm happy about how it went. A bit discouraged 'cause I didn't really progress in guitar, but I did spend some fun, memorable times with friends. My summer was decent.

I barely watch TV

I only watch it while I'm playing. Mostly Cold Case and Two And A Half Men. Yes, I can watch TV and play Battlefield at the same time.
C4C
(or in my profile!)

Quote by Eminored

I don't watch TV either, only when I have nothing else to do (when someone else is on the computer or I really can't be bothered playing guitar)
Quote by Eminored
In that case, ask your mum to tell you to go out and play. My mom still does that for me... sometimes calls me while she's at work to tell me.

She reminds me everytime... I'm just a disspointment. She's probably worried.

When she does, I just slowly walk away.
C4C
(or in my profile!)

I know exactly what you mean, mate. This summer has sucked so much thus far that I'm going to England to visit some friends I've never met before, because they're actually going to be around. My friends over here are just gone for various reasons (working, going abroad, whatever), so whatever plans I had got scrapped.

Ain't life a bitch.
Quote by floppypick
Sorry, there was just too much negativeness in the thread, I figured it could use some good news!

i know man, i was joking!
Quote by jjennings216
i'd go gay for hendrix 128 he's fricken hillarious.

Quote by sadistic_monkey
To me, Jonas Brothers sound identical to Dragonforce. So I'm not sure what you've just proved.
Page 1 of 2