I recently bought a new Dean Vendetta, and it comes with a whammy bar that doesn't seem to work right. I know that it's supposed to be screwed in, but when I do the whammy bar is stiff and none of the notes are bending, how do I fix this?
trying pushing down on it harder? i didnt really understand ur problem
Gear:
Morpheus Droptune
Ibanez Weeping Demon
Bugera 333xl 212
SCHECTER JEFF LOOMIS C7 FR
Last edited by devit at Jul 11, 2009,
This may seem stupid, and no offense, but you know how a whammy bar works right? You push it in towards the body of the guitar.

No offense to you if you know this already, it just seems like a common mistake for people who've never used one.
Breaking stereotypes by playing indie on a metal guitar.

Current Gear
- Epiphone Les Paul Standard (Plus Top)
- Crappy Strat Copy (Redecorated, looks snazzy)
- Ibanez Acoustic/Electric Guitar
- Ibanez RG1570 Mirage Blue
- Peavey Vypyr 30 Watt
Maybe you have it screwed in a little too tight.

MuseEdit: Does it swing freely?
Yes, I know how a whammy ba. Works, but the bar does not move when pressed down. I can see some screws both before the strings and after, do I have to remove any of the screws first before the strings will bend?
No, just push down? I'm confused, does the whammy bar swing freely or is it stiff (I'm talking side to side)
is this a floyd rose set up or a fender type setup?
Total Failure

If every dream is a wish, then to dream of zombies is to wish for an appetite without responsibility
It's a standard Stratocaster whammy set up, Dean Vendetta xmt if that helps. It's brand new, as in it shipped last night. The whammy bar came in off for shipping, but is there any other things like that, some shipping securities to check for?
pics?
Gear:
Morpheus Droptune
Ibanez Weeping Demon
Bugera 333xl 212
SCHECTER JEFF LOOMIS C7 FR
is it blocked?
02 MiM Telecaster-----\__Digitech Whammy__TS-10__535q__DE-7__6505+ 112
91 Heartfield Talon II-/
If its a vintage style trem then there is probobly too many springs in the back making it flush with the body and difficult to move. Remove one or two (two if you want it floating) and then try again.
American Strat:
Area 61 Neck, Area 67 Middle & Bridge
Spretzel Locking Tuners
Graphtech Nut & String Tree
Lots O' Love!

JSX + Orange Cab
Fender Blues Deluxe
Deluxe Memory Man
Fulltone Full Drive 2 & OCD
H2O Chorus/Echo
Quote by Ninja Penguin77
If its a vintage style trem then there is probobly too many springs in the back making it flush with the body and difficult to move. Remove one or two (two if you want it floating) and then try again.

There are three springs in the back, but I'm wondering if the screws holding it to the body are meant to be there or is it a shipping precaution and are meant to be taken out for the whammy to work, or are they built so they will lift with trem?
my starcaster had this... remove the middle spring. and stretch them out alot.
"You know it's funny when it rains it pours
...They got money for wars, but can't feed the poor"

Techno artist and rap producer in training

Quote by jeffc313
is it blocked?

+1
If you're putting a lot of pressure on it, and there is still nothing, then this is the only thing i can think of.
member 21 of the ug pink floyd fan club
I PWNED VINCENT745 TWICE!!!
SPIDER WATCH
JS30RR
Agile AL3100 Silverburst (w/Entwhistle Dark Stars)
Ok this is my first electrc so bear with me. Thanks to alot of the replies I am pretty sure this is my problem: I have a vintage trem on a strat, but the springs are too tight so I need to remove one.
Now for the ever cautios noon question: How do I tale the middle spring off without damaging the guitar? I see the springs are attached to a plate that's screwed into the body, do I rove this then take the spring off, or is there another way?

Thanks for all the help by the way
no, the springs have a pin going into the bridge, and have a loop hooked onto the"attached plate" pull the pin out of the bridge, and it'll come off.
member 21 of the ug pink floyd fan club
I PWNED VINCENT745 TWICE!!!
SPIDER WATCH
JS30RR
Agile AL3100 Silverburst (w/Entwhistle Dark Stars)
K guys/gals I've got it to work!!! It was a mixture of removing the middle spring and a tad more forceful pushing. Thanks for the help!
Glad you got it working, I know that sometimes Strat style trems can require an uncomfortable amount of pushing. You'd think they would set it up nice at the factory, eh?

My Gear
Marshall MG10 + Digitech RP350 multi-fx
Dean ZX
B52 AT-100
MXR 10-Band EQ Pedal
ESP LTD KH-Ouija Sig