So I would be curious to know if there's anyone in this website from this area in the first place, let alone someone interested in collaborating. But, regardless of years played, skill, interest (as long as we have SOMETHING, even something small, in common) I'm interesting in at least jamming once and seeing how things turn out.
I'm eager to learn, to experience playing with others (have done it some, but to little gain) and to create.
I've been playing for about 2 years now, but most people, when they hear me play, are surprised to hear that, although I'm not sure what that means.
I am trying to write lyrics, learn to sing and play at the same time, always practicing the solo and rhythm chops and trying to write instrumentals and vocal based guitar parts.
I'm into various sorts of metal and hard/alternative rock. I like strong, emotional lyrics and love emotive singers.
I'm not closed off to any particular type of music, rap is cool, rock is awesome, metal is sweet, blues are smokin', and jazz is smooth. Experimental/Indy is funky!
If you're still questioning my openness, despite the fact that I'm partly a metalhead, I used to play (still do occasionally) in a Gospel Jazz/Rock band.

Let's say you want to play metal and only heavy metal: ok, I can play the softer stuff on my own, let's headbang dude.
On the other hand, you want to shred: alright, I love coming up with unique riffs to do that over.
You're into vocal based music where the instruments support, not overpower: I dig you there too.

Ultimately, if you know/like/listen to any one of the following people, I think we might be able to make something happen.

Amy Lee
Thom Yorke
Matt Tuck
Matt Heafy
Hayley Williams
Chester Bennington
Mikael Akerfeldt
John Petrucci
Ben Burnley/Aaron Fink

OH YEAH, and sorry for the wall of text, I always type too much.