I found on my local craigslist a very cheap lefty MIM strat ($100) and have been thinking of flipping it over any playing right handed. know that hendrix played this after just flipping the nut, is this going to be something that only jimi could do, or am I going to be able to play it as well as I would a right handed one. Also will you lefties kill me for taking a left handed instrument and taking it back to the good side?
02 MiM Telecaster-----\__Digitech Whammy__TS-10__535q__DE-7__6505+ 112
91 Heartfield Talon II-/
It'll feel a bit awkward, but it should be fine, you may just need to sand a little on the nut or replace it, but it won't be too far off.
yeah if your think off playing and switching pick ups half way through a song you might have some trouble....
does anyone have any actual experience playing like this? What is the fret access like to the higher frets?
91 Heartfield Talon II-/
Quote by jeffc313
does anyone have any actual experience playing like this? What is the fret access like to the higher frets?

I've picked up and messed around with a lefty guitar to see what the fret access was like for a righty because I was thinking about getting a lefty and flipping it. It was decent. It might take some getting used too.
Gear:
Squier Strat
Cordoba 20TM-CE Acoustic Electric Tenor Uke
Bugera V22
I've played my friend's who did this on his real cheapass guitar, it was pretty awkward but not horrible.
Breaking stereotypes by playing indie on a metal guitar.

Current Gear
- Epiphone Les Paul Standard (Plus Top)
- Crappy Strat Copy (Redecorated, looks snazzy)
- Ibanez Acoustic/Electric Guitar
- Ibanez RG1570 Mirage Blue
- Peavey Vypyr 30 Watt
i will kill you for turning a lefty righty
like there isnt enough options for you right handed guitarists...*mumbles incoherently*

replace the nut, better than filing in my opinion
Without spiritual mentoring, too much freedom can lead to the soul's decay
- Prince
Last edited by Tyranus-3121 at Jul 12, 2009,
Quote by Tyranus-3121
i will kill you for turning a lefty righty
like there isnt enough options for you right handed guitarists...*mumbles incoherently*

replace the nut, better than filing in my opinion

well, it turned out to be a squier when I requested pictures/serial number, so you lefties are lucky, I'm not going to buy it.
91 Heartfield Talon II-/
Quote by jeffc313
well, it turned out to be a squier when I requested pictures/serial number, so you lefties are lucky, I'm not going to buy it.

What model Squier? If it's an Affinity or something deece like that, go for it still.
Cam Sampbell's my hero