Page 1 of 2
I don't get what all the hype on these guitars is about. I've played 3 of them, including the blackjack, and they feel terrible. They are just like gibsons. Crap guitars that are very overrated. Now maybe I'm just missing something here.

Does anyone agree with me? I'm sorry if anyone is offended or something, but schecters are not everything they are hyped up too be. I meet, some people are acting like they are these amazing guitars that are un-matched.
The Synyster Gates signature model was the worst guitar I've ever played. But I dont harbor much hate towards the company
I have a synyster custom, ive played other ones that are TERRIBLE, but i really like mine alot
Current Gear
Ibanez Prestige S2170SE
Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier Blackface Head
Soldano 4x12 Slant Cab w/ Eminence Speakers
MXR ZW-44

Want List:
ISP Decimator
Nova Repeater
Maxon OD808
Seymour Duncan Blackouts
daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
I'm gonna need specific instructions again on how to properly dance with my pants on my head.
Quote by lolmnt
First you put your pants on your head.
Second you dance.
Third you wipe off all the pussy.
This really cute, short, blonde cheerleader who I'm crazy about plays a Schecter. She freakin shreds on that thing. I've played it too, and it's definitely a great guitar.

No lie. She is so hot (I mean the girl, but the guitar too to a lesser extent).
Tobacco Sunburst Fender Strat
(Lollar Dirty Blonde pickups)
Fulltone FatBoost
MI Audio BoostnBuff
Fulltone OCD
This1smyne "Pearl"
Wilson 10Spot II
Red Witch Phaser
Fulltone ChoralFlange
BOSS DD-7+DD-20
Tech21 RVB
'59 Bassman Reissue
different ppl like different guitars.

why would u buy a guitar that you don't like how it feels?
CHECK OUT MY BAND!
myspace.com/protestingmodernlife

Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Ibanez RG320DX
Peavey Vypyr 75
Digitech Metal Master
Ibanez Weeping Demon
Yamaha Acoustic
i have a schecter c1 lady luck and i love it. I can get awesome cleans and some thick distortion with it and I almost like playing it more than my jackson dkmg. almost. maybe i just like the more rounded neck. i had a damien c1 floyd rose, but the the floyd rose went to hell and i sold it. it just seems to me that most of them don't really feel like heavy metal or rock guitars. thats just me though.
Quote by Nelsean
I just gave myself a hard on by just looking in the mirror and im not even gay.

Quote by DieGarbageMan
Shes smashed alone in a bed, and you're on the computer.

man fail

I refuse to learn Stairway to Heaven.
I love the! they feel amazing, and are fun for one your home alone.

Wait, i thought we were talking about flesh lights.

but schecters are cool too.
I like to think of them as middle priced guitars and basses. They're not high end like US-made fenders, gibson or PRS, but up there above deans and jacksons, which are definitely priced more than they should be.
Quote by Denthrare
This really cute, short, blonde cheerleader who I'm crazy about plays a Schecter. She freakin shreds on that thing. I've played it too, and it's definitely a great guitar.

No lie. She is so hot (I mean the girl, but the guitar too to a lesser extent).

pics or she's actually a linebacker named Frank instead of a cheerleader.
Quote by masterp666
i don't think gibsons feel terrible, or are crap guitars that are overrated..

Well gibsons are definitely overpriced

you proabably dont know whats good or played it through a crappy amp with crappy settings...

Um.....no
Just like Gibsons? I take great offence to your ignorance.

Instrument choice is as based on opinion as music taste, or tone. No questions.

/thread
Gear List:
'97 Gibson Explorer w/ Duncan SH-4 and SH-2
Fender Jazz Bass 'Crafted in Japan'
Yamaha Acoustic Guitar
Vox AD30VT w/ VFS2
Roland Cube 30 Bass
Modded "St. Louis" Wah
Dunlop .88 Tortex picks
Quote by S@y_Wh@t?
Well gibsons are definitely overpriced.
Agreed, but they're by no means "crap guitars".
Quote by MightyAl
I took a pic of myself, cut a hole in the face and stuck my knob through so i could see what I'd look like if I got bitten by a radioactive elephant.
I like chunky necks, they just feel more comfortable to me. And my Avenger with 18v EMG's has probably the thickest tone of any guitar I have ever played. I have a MIJ Jackson and I actually prefer the feel and tone of my Schecter.

Fractal Axe-Fx Ultra
EBMM JP7 Dargies Delight II
Manuel Rodriguez C Cedar Top
Yeah, if you're gonna troll go somewhere else. You probably did this knowing Schecters are widely liked guitars here, didn't you
Gear List:
'97 Gibson Explorer w/ Duncan SH-4 and SH-2
Fender Jazz Bass 'Crafted in Japan'
Yamaha Acoustic Guitar
Vox AD30VT w/ VFS2
Roland Cube 30 Bass
Modded "St. Louis" Wah
Dunlop .88 Tortex picks
I love my schecter, and agree that most of their benefit is "value" for the cost. I've never played one that didn't sound good. I'm impressed by the body contours, never had a problem with the bridge or tuning machines. They are quality hardware. Given the choice, between any given Schecter and a similar setup on an American-made guitar: I'd buy the Schecter and put the money I saved into the "new amp fund."

Like most things, I think it just comes down to personal preference. It might be that something that sounds like crap to you is exactly the sound I'm looking for. Maybe I'm just not well trained (or experienced) enough to hear the difference.
It's opinion because he doesn't like them.

He's nowhere near a troll. He simply doesn't like Schecter, so he says he doesn't like them, he thinks they are crap, i've seen quite a few people say B.C. Rich are crap, but the higher end models are great.

He was looking for opinions. Not being a troll

As soon as someone has a different opinion that you, you immediately turn on him and report the thread beause you think he's a troll. So what if he joined today? or recently?

Christ, you people are so intolerant and ignorant..i'm suprised any of you can keep a conversation going without getting punched in the face.

/rage

Either way, i've had no problems with a Schecter. They don't feel right to me like a Dean or Ibanez does.
Quote by severed-metal
It's opinion because he doesn't like them.

He's nowhere near a troll. He simply doesn't like Schecter, so he says he doesn't like them, he thinks they are crap, i've seen quite a few people say B.C. Rich are crap, but the higher end models are great.

He was looking for opinions. Not being a troll

As soon as someone has a different opinion that you, you immediately turn on him and report the thread beause you think he's a troll. So what if he joined today? or recently?

Christ, you people are so intolerant and ignorant..i'm suprised any of you can keep a conversation going without getting punched in the face.

/rage

Either way, i've had no problems with a Schecter. They don't feel right to me like a Dean or Ibanez does.

its not that he was voicing his opinion and he got hated, its because of the way he voiced it. If you show some respect, then chances are your opinion will probably be heard and not flamed. so far all of his posts have been trollish douchebaggery.
My name is Collin, please feel free to use it

http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/pickgnomehu nters/

Quote by STABxYOU
Quote by Blakeu224

this is absolutely, 100% correct.
For example, Dave Mustaine has a signature coffee mix.

Good Morning, Black Coffee?
That's all fine and dandy... but I'm still waiting on those pics of a hot blonde cheerleader who plays a schecter...

... I'm sure he's beautiful
Correct way to voice an opinion:

"I'm not a huge fan of schecter guitars, would anyone care to express why they are so loved on UG because I don't really like them."

Wrong way = TS

Quote by havokca
That's all fine and dandy... but I'm still waiting on those pics of a hot blonde cheerleader who plays a schecter...

Try and find old pics of LadyHellraiser then

Fractal Axe-Fx Ultra
EBMM JP7 Dargies Delight II
Manuel Rodriguez C Cedar Top
Jeff Loomis sig is quite possibly the best looking signature guitar out there. I played a Shecter Classic one, it was very nice. Didn't get it, but looking back I definitely should have. But like every company, there are going to be hit and miss guitars. If I based every Ibanez of an RG I played at Sam Ash one, I would have to say all Ibanez guitars suck ass, but as everyone knows they dominate.
Quote by havokca

Quote by havokca
pics or she's actually a linebacker named Frank instead of a cheerleader.

; ) Sorry boys but I'm keeping this gem to myself. God knows I would have no chance of jamming with her (cough cough) if her face suddenly became an internet meme.
Tobacco Sunburst Fender Strat
(Lollar Dirty Blonde pickups)
Fulltone FatBoost
MI Audio BoostnBuff
Fulltone OCD
This1smyne "Pearl"
Wilson 10Spot II
Red Witch Phaser
Fulltone ChoralFlange
BOSS DD-7+DD-20
Tech21 RVB
'59 Bassman Reissue
most schecters come HORRIBLY setup from the factory, that was probably what went wrong.

i <3 my omen 6

Yes, that was a sideways ballsack
Official Aspie member

ANOUNCEMENT: Weird misspellings or words that make no sense? there was a good chance this was sent from my Droid 2 phone.
Quote by SinisterStrieth
.. You are the man.

RIP Dime RIP Michael Jackson
Yeah, Schecters for the most part are well made but badly set up (at least the frets are good, no?)
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
well schecters are pretty much one of the worst guitar brands out there not sure why so many people like them on ug. out of all the popular brands schecter is almost neck to neck to a high end squire. just because someone throws a emg 81/85 or a OFR on a guitar dont make it good but then again most people think hey emgs OMGZ i haz to getz that. and the guy who said dean and jackson are worst then schecters wtf are you talking about. and yeah i agree to both schecters are bad and that cheerleader is a guy but i personally think he plays line lol.
Quote by ticklemeasian
well schecters are pretty much one of the worst guitar brands out there not sure why so many people like them on ug. out of all the popular brands schecter is almost neck to neck to a high end squire. just because someone throws a emg 81/85 or a OFR on a guitar dont make it good but then again most people think hey emgs OMGZ i haz to getz that. and the guy who said dean and jackson are worst then schecters wtf are you talking about. and yeah i agree to both schecters are bad and that cheerleader is a guy but i personally think he plays line lol.

EVERY ****ing schecter thread you post a bunch of horse**** about schecter. Did schecters sneak in and rape you in your sleep? I dare you to play a Tempest Classic and say a high end squire holds up to it

/rant
My name is Collin, please feel free to use it

http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/pickgnomehu nters/

Quote by STABxYOU
Quote by Blakeu224

this is absolutely, 100% correct.
For example, Dave Mustaine has a signature coffee mix.

Good Morning, Black Coffee?
^
Jacksons are good guitars but to get the really good ones you have to empty your wallet. And even then Jacksons are notorious for their poor quality and maintenance issues. My friend bought a Phill Demmel Sig Jackson and the damn thing wont stay in tune and it fret buzzes like mad !
Schecters own
Quote by S@y_Wh@t?

Does anyone agree with me? I'm sorry if anyone is offended or something, but schecters are not everything they are hyped up too be. I meet, some people are acting like they are these amazing guitars that are un-matched.

Quote by Necrophagist777

Correct way to voice an opinion:

"I'm not a huge fan of schecter guitars, would anyone care to express why they are so loved on UG because I don't really like them."

Wrong way = TS

wat

Anyway, I played an Omen 6 at the store and it just felt completely different from my other guitars. It was a lot more comfortable to play for me which is why I like it, I dunno about other Schecters though
Quote by Moggan13
Personally, i'd buy her a can of Coke, then as she's drinking it say to her "Whats better than Coca Cola?" She'll go "What?" and you shout "CREAM SODA!" And ejaculate in her can.
Last edited by funyguy1357: 147 times : 3-01-08 at 08:17 PM.
Quote by Metlhead443
EVERY ****ing schecter thread you post a bunch of horse**** about schecter. Did schecters sneak in and rape you in your sleep? I dare you to play a Tempest Classic and say a high end squire holds up to it

/rant

agreed
Quote by Metlhead443

/rant

most of the things i say are true though 90% of the people who get a schecter are little fanboys saying omg emgs omg OFR omg mahogany. most of them dont know anything about what some of those things even do. everything is schecter is made to market to the fanboys of "core" music which is basically everyone where i live. none of them know how to play guitar worth of ****, they all own schecters, and at least half of them own a hellraiser. and if you really do look at it schecter does use cheaper wood then most guitar companies that's not bull****. so iam basing this off logic. cheap wood + emg hell i could have done that with a high end squire and buy a set of emgs. the squire and emg would cost less then what a schecter would have cost and i would still have enough money to pay for new hardware and a setup.
Page 1 of 2