I am an acoustic guitar player, mainly into fingerpicking that is going to get an electric in few months. I want to play songs by Joe Satriani and I will get a Line 6 Spider III 15 amp and I was wondering what guitar i should get... I really liked the looks of a Fender Telecaster but even the MIM seems to expensive and used ones seems like they never go under $300 so I was thinking about this.. Would this be a great investment?

http://www.rondomusic.com/al2000white.html
Quote by Anathetic
I am an acoustic guitar player, mainly into fingerpicking that is going to get an electric in few months. I want to play songs by Joe Satriani and I will get a Line 6 Spider III 15 amp and I was wondering what guitar i should get... I really liked the looks of a Fender Telecaster but even the MIM seems to expensive and used ones seems like they never go under $300 so I was thinking about this.. Would this be a great investment?

http://www.rondomusic.com/al2000white.html

with a telecaster you are not going to be able to play satriani, he lives on a floyd rose tremolo.
02 MiM Telecaster-----\__Digitech Whammy__TS-10__535q__DE-7__6505+ 112
91 Heartfield Talon II-/
Seeing as though I'm the administrator for the Agile Army, I'm gonna say get it!
But as a UG-er with slight (very slight) knowledge of amps, I'd say look in to something different than that Spider
yess get a new amp first then get this guitar....or a floyd rose guitar if you want to sound like satch...maybe look at the version with a floyd rose in it....its pretty good...i know i have it
-1971 Fender Telecaster
-Schecter C-1 Classic
-Agile AL-2000 With Floyd
-Guild D35 NT
-Washburn D10S12
-Epiphone EC-20
-Rogue LX205B
-Vox Satchurator
-Dunlop Crybaby 535Q
-Boss DD-20
-Pre CBS Fender Pro Reverb
-Crate BT25
-Yamaha DGX220
i have a black one with floyd, the pickups leave something to be desired but tbh the rest of the quality of the guitar is over 9000 times what i thought it would be/ should be for the price. i replaced the pickups and it now plays like a dream.
~Defiant~
Dont get a spyder
Quote by envoykrawkwar7

edge11
that was an epic win
best thing ive read all day

[feel free to sig this statement]

Gear:
Esp Ltd Ninja 600
Esp Ltd F-50
les paul elite
5watt jcm800 clone