So I plan on getting an acoustic for my birthday or if I cant get it then(which I probably wont be able to) christmas. I was thinking of a seagull s6, but I started to think of all the advantages of having an acoustic-electric.

So, for around this price, is there a good acoustic-electric I can get? I would like it to at least have a solid top, not laminate. I also would prefer it not be an ibanez, most ibanez acoustics ive played(including my brothers) I hated. I want the sound to be good both plugged in and unplugged.
Quote by Bloodavian
Its not about the Radio its about talent, the front man has a bigger vocal range than Micheal Jackson and he can sing from heavey metal to high pitched ...No.12 on the top 20 under rated guitarists of ALL TIME...etc

1-Bloodavian 0-Forkman.

^Fail^
Last edited by David_Bowie=GOD at Jul 11, 2009,
visit a local music store and try some out. they may have some nice used guitars. if not, you can always Craigslist or eBay guitars that you've played on.
Quote by Hairball135
look at takamine or alvarez

could you suggest a few models?
Quote by Bloodavian
Its not about the Radio its about talent, the front man has a bigger vocal range than Micheal Jackson and he can sing from heavey metal to high pitched ...No.12 on the top 20 under rated guitarists of ALL TIME...etc

1-Bloodavian 0-Forkman.

^Fail^
For Takamine, you'll have to bump up your price by $50 to get a solid top A/E. The EG340SC or the EG440SC. However, if you're willing to spend $100 extra, you can get a couple of beauties. The EGS-330SC and one of my favorites, the EG363SC

Not sure about Alvarez. There is also Washburn, Yamaha, Epiphone, and (maybe) Seagull, just going off the top of my head.
Quote by necrosis1193
As usual Natrone's mouth spouts general win.

Quote by Silverstein14
man, Natrone you're some kind of ninja I swear

Quote by gregs1020
plexi

i realize the longshot that is. little giant to humongous one.

Rest In Peace Stevie Ray
Quote by Natrone
For Takamine, you'll have to bump up your price by $50 to get a solid top A/E. The EG340SC or the EG440SC. However, if you're willing to spend $100 extra, you can get a couple of beauties. The EGS-330SC and one of my favorites, the EG363SC

Not sure about Alvarez. There is also Washburn, Yamaha, Epiphone, and (maybe) Seagull, just going off the top of my head.

thanks, Seagull does have a acoustic-electric s6, but i doubt i could pay more than 400.

Are these yamaha's any good?
http://www.guitarcenter.com/Yamaha-F-Series-FX325-Dreadnought-Acoustic-Electric-Guitar-518509-i1400044.gc

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Yamaha-FX370C-F-SERIES-Cutaway-Acoustic-Electric-513386-i1275571.gc

Edit: $400 is stretching it, even though thats the price range. The cheaper it is, the more likely I wont have to wait till xmas. That said, I don't want a crappy guitar, I want something nice, but if I can get something thats still good cheaper, ill be fine with that.
Quote by Bloodavian

1-Bloodavian 0-Forkman.

^Fail^
Last edited by David_Bowie=GOD at Jul 11, 2009,
Do you have no way of bringing in any kind of income? Even though it seems like a while, waiting till Christmas is probably better because you can get a much nicer guitar.

I would get neither one of those guitars you posted. Remember, you want to have a solid top. Always.
Quote by necrosis1193

Quote by Silverstein14

Quote by gregs1020
plexi

Rest In Peace Stevie Ray
Quote by Natrone
Do you have no way of bringing in any kind of income? Even though it seems like a while, waiting till Christmas is probably better because you can get a much nicer guitar.

I would get neither one of those guitars you posted. Remember, you want to have a solid top. Always.

But it didn't say they were laminate? How the hell am I supposed to know if its laminate or not if they deceive us like that?
Quote by Bloodavian

1-Bloodavian 0-Forkman.

^Fail^
If it doesn't say the word SOLID in the description, its not solid. Stuff like Select Spruce, Spruce, Flamed Maple, Cedar, etc...if it doesn't say solid, its laminate.
Quote by necrosis1193

Quote by Silverstein14

Quote by gregs1020
plexi

Rest In Peace Stevie Ray
Quote by Natrone
If it doesn't say the word SOLID in the description, its not solid. Stuff like Select Spruce, Spruce, Flamed Maple, Cedar, etc...if it doesn't say solid, its laminate.

thanks a lot for that info
Quote by Bloodavian

1-Bloodavian 0-Forkman.

^Fail^
No problem. The acoustic world is a bit of a scheming knivving place. You just need to know what you're looking for
Quote by necrosis1193

Quote by Silverstein14

Quote by gregs1020
plexi

Rest In Peace Stevie Ray
you aren't going to find a good quality solid top acoustic electric for under $500. if you can stretch that far, consider the yamaha fgx730s. if not, maybe you can find something used instead of new?

btw, Natrone is right. if it doesn't say "solid", it isn't.
Last edited by patticake at Jul 12, 2009,
Quote by Bloodavian

1-Bloodavian 0-Forkman.

^Fail^
Quote by patticake
you aren't going to find a good quality solid top acoustic electric for under $500. if you can stretch that far, consider the yamaha fgx730s. if not, maybe you can find something used instead of new?

btw, Natrone is right. if it doesn't say "solid", it isn't.

I'm gonna go ahead and call BS. I played a Seagull S6 with a cutaway and LR Baggs electronics that was less than $500....brand new. Solid Cedar top. I played the piss out of it for 7 years until I sold it to a friend when I started to upgrade. Other than typical blemishes on a solft cedat top, it actually sounds better now that it's getting aged. It's also in great structural condition.

It's a better playing/sounding git than that Yamaha you mentioned. Saying you can't find a "good quality solid top acoustic electric for under $500" is incorrect.
Quote by JB1976
I'm gonna go ahead and call BS. I played a Seagull S6 with a cutaway and LR Baggs electronics that was less than $500....brand new. Solid Cedar top. I played the piss out of it for 7 years until I sold it to a friend when I started to upgrade. Other than typical blemishes on a solft cedat top, it actually sounds better now that it's getting aged. It's also in great structural condition.

It's a better playing/sounding git than that Yamaha you mentioned. Saying you can't find a "good quality solid top acoustic electric for under $500" is incorrect.

That same guitar your talking about is now a little over $500. But I see the point your making. I managed to find this http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Washburn-?sku=516865

I hear great things about the acoustic-only version of this guitar, and this seems like a good deal.
Quote by Bloodavian

1-Bloodavian 0-Forkman.

^Fail^