Ok, so my brother in laws older brother is looking to sell his Ibanez Performance acoustic guitar with a hardshell case. Ive played it and it sounds nice, but is this a solid guitar or will i regret buying it later on down the road?
No, I mean, it depends on specific make, but I have an acoustic Ibanez and absolutely love the thing
Top 15:
Neutral Milk Hotel
Smashing Pumpkins
Placebo
Elliott Smith
Devendra Banhart
Pavement
Anberlin
Eve 6
The Clash
Imogen Heap
Ingrid Michaelson
Bayside
Minus The Bear
The Replacements
Bright Eyes/Conor Oberst
how much is he going to sell it for?

take that figure and go to the store and check out all the guitars in that same range that you're willing to spend. see if you like any of them more than that ibanez, then find out if the store will include any discount/deals with a hardcase.

generally ibanez are pretty bad guitars.
Schecter Diamond Series C-1 Elite
Roland Cube 30x
Blueridge BR-143
The old Ibanez acoustic guitars from like the 70's and 80's were quite well built. Unfortunately, Ibanez has decided to target the market with "eye candy" instead of a well built guitar.
Equipment:
- Art & Lutherie Cedar CW (SOLD! )
- Martin D-16RGT w/ LR Baggs M1 Active Soundhole Pickup
- Seagull 25th Anniversary Flame Maple w/ LR Baggs Micro EQ

Have an acoustic guitar? Don't let your guitar dry out! Click here.
Quote by about
how much is he going to sell it for?

take that figure and go to the store and check out all the guitars in that same range that you're willing to spend. see if you like any of them more than that ibanez, then find out if the store will include any discount/deals with a hardcase.

generally ibanez are pretty bad guitars.

as far as their cheap acoustics go, your right
Quote by Bloodavian
Its not about the Radio its about talent, the front man has a bigger vocal range than Micheal Jackson and he can sing from heavey metal to high pitched ...No.12 on the top 20 under rated guitarists of ALL TIME...etc

1-Bloodavian 0-Forkman.

^Fail^
The general concensus around here is NO IBANEZ. I endorse this wholeheartedly. Why? I find them to have poor build quality and more than anything, I think they sound bad.

Have you played another acoustic up against it? Honestly I wouldn't go for it.

By the way, what captivate said is completely true.
Quote by necrosis1193
As usual Natrone's mouth spouts general win.

Quote by Silverstein14
man, Natrone you're some kind of ninja I swear

Quote by gregs1020
plexi

i realize the longshot that is. little giant to humongous one.

Rest In Peace Stevie Ray
Last edited by Natrone at Jul 11, 2009,
He is selling the case and guitar. This particular one is from like 1989 or 1990 i think. I sounds really nice and feels good imo. Just wondering will i hate myself for buying this later.
Ok, well ignore the people above saying "Ibanez are Sh*t and they never make good guitars" and similar ok. They can go back to rubbing themselves on their yamaha or Martin.

If it sounds good, if it feels good, and if he lets you check it all for damages (Truss Rod, Internal cracks, Warping, Water Damage ect.) then it should all be good.

Dont ever trust people on the internet over your own gut instinct, unless they are all unanomous in saying "No!"
Music is an art form that celebrates potential. So long as you're looking for it, you'll always find it.
Quote by Mr.Pink101
Ok, well ignore the people above saying "Ibanez are Sh*t and they never make good guitars" and similar ok. They can go back to rubbing themselves on their yamaha or Martin.

If it sounds good, if it feels good, and if he lets you check it all for damages (Truss Rod, Internal cracks, Warping, Water Damage ect.) then it should all be good.

Dont ever trust people on the internet over your own gut instinct, unless they are all unanomous in saying "No!"

That's all well and good, but we don't know how many guitars this guy has tried before this one.

Go to the guitar shop and try out some more guitars. Ibanez IMO is a guitar your going to grow out of fairly quickly.

I remember when i first started a freind of mine had an Ibanez acoustic, i was jealous and loved the thing. Until i tried out a few more guitars and realized that there are definatly better guitars in the same price bracket.

Don't buy the thing just because it's there, take your time and look around.

Quote by Karl Pilkington
Jellyfish are 97% water or something, so how much are they doing? Just give them another 3% and make them water. It's more useful."
Quote by Mr.Pink101

We are unanimous in saying no.

Well, anyone with an opinion worth considering is unanimous.
Actually, as Cap said, Older Ibanez acoustics aren't half bad. You said 89 or 90? Now find out how much he's selling it for and ask if you can take it to a shop with you to see how you like it compared to some other acoustics of the same price.
Quote by necrosis1193
As usual Natrone's mouth spouts general win.

Quote by Silverstein14
man, Natrone you're some kind of ninja I swear

Quote by gregs1020
plexi

i realize the longshot that is. little giant to humongous one.

Rest In Peace Stevie Ray
whether or not you will hate yourself for buying it later depends on if you will haul your ass to the guitar store and check out all the other guitars that have the same value. that way you understand the value and quality of the guitar your brother in laws brother will sell and all the other guitars compared in the same price range so that later on you won't be like "oh damn, i wish i bought this for xxx amount of money instead of this ibanez" if you ever decide to go check out other guitars.
Schecter Diamond Series C-1 Elite
Roland Cube 30x
Blueridge BR-143
Its going for $165. He is also throwing in a tuner, strap, and a replacement bridge. Since my old acoustic is crap, whatcha think UG?