Limelight by Rush

My first cover of my favorite band, Rush

There are a few mistakes (the whole solo was crap and the first arpeggio after the solo are the biggest screw ups), and there's a reason behind that. See, to record I have to attach a 2-sided 1/8'' jack from the headphone jack on my amp to my mic port on my computer, so that means that I hear nothing I'm playing, all I hear is my guitar as if it was unplugged. Plus for some reason I always get nervous in front of a camera.

This was recorded on my Laptops webcam, and audio was recorded through Audacity.

Using a Marshall MG30FX, an Epiphone Les Paul, and a Digitech RP200.

Closer to the Heart by Rush

My second cover of my favorite band, Rush

The guitar is a 12/6 string (12 on top, 6 on bottom).

There are a few mistakes, and there's a reason behind that. See, to record I have to attach a 2-sided 1/8'' jack from the headphone jack on my amp to my mic port on my computer, so that means that I hear nothing I'm playing, all I hear is my guitar as if it was unplugged. Plus for some reason I always get nervous in front of a camera.

This was recorded on my Laptops webcam, and audio was recorded through Audacity.

Using a Marshall MG30FX, a Ktone Doubleneck SG (It's a cheap guitar, that's why it doesn't sound so good), and a Digitech RP200.
Keep plugging away. Im actually doing a cover of Bastille Day. Im playing all the instruments and singing, so its taking some time. The drums are killing me. Alot of overdubs on those But they are almost finished and then I can move on to adding more tracks. Ive seen Rush (15 times) and its always a pleasure. A complete 2112 cover is next.
I thought about doing that, but I can't play my drums for **** (I'm actually selling them now). I can play bass fairly decent, and cannot sing (although if I were do do that I'd just use a different guitar for the singing, rather then words lol). I love those types of videos but they involve ALOT of work.
i only listened to closer to the heart and it's pretty good but it sounded like timing was slightly off in a lot of places. apart from that it all seemed pretty accurate though. nice job.
lol, yea Limelight is tight I re recorded it like 3 times, Closer to the Heart, however.. Well I practised it once before hand, then recorded it, then just went with that. I was lazy lol.
Man, just sing. I sound like ****, but I do it anyway. I really stuck the first time I sang, now I just stink. Give it a shot
Got the drum tracks done for Bastille Day. I threw in a few quick and dirty guitar tracks to see how it would come together. 2 guitar and 1 bass track to be precise. The temp. guitar tracks are not the greatest (need to adjust tone). Im going to start laying down the final guitar tracks tonight. You want to try singing this one? I dont think I can sing this one. http://www.soundclick.com/util/getplayer.m3u?id=7839795&q=hi