for people to use, how easy is it to get a discount off of it? How much shold you get off fora couple dings and scratches? I know they're usually kept in a good state but just incase I find one y'know?
Breaking stereotypes by playing indie on a metal guitar.

Current Gear
- Epiphone Les Paul Standard (Plus Top)
- Crappy Strat Copy (Redecorated, looks snazzy)
- Ibanez Acoustic/Electric Guitar
- Ibanez RG1570 Mirage Blue
- Peavey Vypyr 30 Watt
Quote by Nike-Man

Depends on the guitar. Take off a bit. Like if it's 1000 retail and it's a floor model in new condition, offer like 850 and you can get it for 900. depends on salesman and store though. Just buy used. Makes everything cheaper, expeciallyin this economy. crap economy=used gear party
Jackson RR5 ivory w/ EMG 81/85
Jackson DX6 w/ SD Distortion & Dimarzio Super Distortion
Fender Starcaster Sunburst
Mesa/Boogie DC-3
Johnson JT50 Mirage
Ibanez TS-9
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Boss CE-5

ISP Decimator
Boss DD-6
Korg Pitchblack
a lot, straight ask for a 15% disc,

the margin of the stores is usuallt betwen 27% to 18%(sometimes even 50%) off the MRP,
they wouldnt mind let it go as long as they are making profit
If you want to get laid, go to college,
If you want education go to a library

-Frank Zappa-
I don't like buying used because I have no idea what model/brand guitar I actually want so I'd like to play a ton of guitars at the store =/. Idk.

Edit: Do you think I could get these discounts even if there aren't any visible scratches/dings on them, if they're off the wall models?
Breaking stereotypes by playing indie on a metal guitar.

Current Gear
- Epiphone Les Paul Standard (Plus Top)
- Crappy Strat Copy (Redecorated, looks snazzy)
- Ibanez Acoustic/Electric Guitar
- Ibanez RG1570 Mirage Blue
- Peavey Vypyr 30 Watt
Last edited by Guitar2theface at Jul 12, 2009,
Quote by Guitar2theface
I don't like buying used because I have no idea what model/brand guitar I actually want so I'd like to play a ton of guitars at the store =/. Idk.

Edit: Do you think I could get these discounts even if there aren't any visible scratches/dings on them, if they're off the wall models?

not really since people usually lower the price with scratches and dents. but you could try and get some strings out of it if they're rusted like a store i know has.