I'm looking for a new amp to replace my Spider (finally). The main stuff I play is A7X, RATM, Muse & Maiden. My budget is $450, maybe $500 if I can convince my friend to buy my Spider for more.
Mah Gear:
Ibanez RGR420EX
Peavey 6505+ 112 Combo
Yamaha F-310
Kustom Arrow 16DFX
we'll you can get Rage/Maiden from jcm 800... which apparentlu a7x uses now, but i know they used to use bogners and mesas (i think).. muse im not to sure about.. maybe a used 800 w/ boost?
Quote by RDX1138
I'm looking for a new amp to replace my Spider (finally). The main stuff I play is A7X, RATM, Muse & Maiden. My budget is $450, maybe $500 if I can convince my friend to buy my Spider for more.

Congrats! I just replaced my Spider as well. The amp should be here next week, hopefully.

You might be able to find a used Peavey 5150 for that price, but i hear it doesn't have the best clean sound.

If you can save up $200 more, i would suggest a Randall RM50. There is one on ebay for $700 with the Blackface and 1086 modules. the Blackface is based off of the Fender Blackface Twin, and the 1086 is the Dan Donegan Signature (i think Mesa based, but i could be wrong). You can either get it mod'd by Pete Turley (okstrat on the MTS forum), or Anthony (Salvation on the MTS forum). Both mod's are extremely brutal. here are some clips.

1087 (pete):http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eVfM0BX4mNg
1666 (anthony): http://mtsforum.grailtone.com/viewtopic.php?t=7373

The mod isn't a must, but it is something you should consider if you get this amp. I have the 1087. If you want, when i get my amp next week, i can tell you how it sounds.

And don't get this confused with SS modelling amps. this is real modelling. this is an all tube amp. Each module is base off of the circuitry of the amp they model. Each on uses two 12AX7 preamp tubes.

Good luck.
"If A is a success in life, then A equals x + y + z. Work = x; y = play; and z = keeping your mouth shut."
--Einstein

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
--Einstein
Last edited by JKMV11 at Jul 12, 2009,
Marshall MG100DFX

/thread

Edit: Don't listen to me
I'm FAT!
Last edited by tatatotfolife at Jul 12, 2009,
Quote by JKMV11
Congrats! I just replaced my Spider as well. The amp should be here next week, hopefully.

You might be able to find a used Peavey 5150 for that price, but i hear it doesn't have the best clean sound.

If you can save up $200 more, i would suggest a Randall RM50. There is one on ebay for $700 with the Blackface and 1086 modules. the Blackface is based off of the Fender Blackface Twin, and the 1086 is the Dan Donegan Signature (i think Mesa based, but i could be wrong). You can either get it mod'd by Pete Turley (okstrat on the MTS forum), or Anthony (Salvation on the MTS forum). Both mod's are extremely brutal. here are some clips.

1087 (pete):http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eVfM0BX4mNg
1666 (anthony): http://mtsforum.grailtone.com/viewtopic.php?t=7373

The mod isn't a must, but it is something you should consider if you get this amp. I have the 1087. If you want, when i get my amp next week, i can tell you how it sounds.

And don't get this confused with SS modelling amps. this is real modelling. this is an all tube amp. Each module is base off of the circuitry of the amp they model. Each on uses two 12AX7 preamp tubes.

Good luck.

Wow man, you went above and beyond, thanks so much. I'll look into those. And I'd love to hear how it sounds.

Quote by tatatotfolife
Marshall MG100DFX

/thread

Edit: Don't listen to me

Ha, Marshall MG.
Mah Gear:
Ibanez RGR420EX
Peavey 6505+ 112 Combo
Yamaha F-310
Kustom Arrow 16DFX
Quote by RDX1138
Wow man, you went above and beyond, thanks so much. I'll look into those. And I'd love to hear how it sounds.

Ha, Marshall MG.

No prob. glad to help

And lol to the MG. That almost replaced my Spider, but i got to this forum just in time. Now i have a Randall RM80 on the way. Its the same thing as the RM50 i mentioned except it has 2 speakers instead of one.

Good Luck.
"If A is a success in life, then A equals x + y + z. Work = x; y = play; and z = keeping your mouth shut."
--Einstein

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
--Einstein
You should really save up just a bit more. 800 will give you far more options which you will be happier with in the long run.

JCM800, 5150, randall RM, etc.
WTLTL 2011