TooToughTrenton
540 IQ
Hey guys. This is my first pop-core song and I need some feedback on it because I'm starting a pop-core band

One thing to note:

The song does get repetitive but I mean, come on, its partially pop.
Attachments:
Pop song.zip
Veil Of Osiris
189 IQ
Thanks for the crit.
Not really much to comment on, really. Pretty good. Like you said, it's repetitive and if I were you that would be thing I would fix; I found myself skipping parts that I had already heard.
Maybe you could add some leads (besides just octaves)? I like the idea you're presenting (Pop+Core), but I think it needs to be a bit more interesting than the average pop song, and I think adding some melodic leads could really benefit it.
I think the vocals could really make this song awesome, but right now it's just a 7/10 IMO.
-Flooow
Trivium fanboy
433 IQ
totally agree with Veil of Osiris.
I think this song has got a lot of potential and creates just this atmosphere that a good
popcore song must have!
jbridge90
More Ovaltine Please!
654 IQ
As I'm listening, the first thing that popped into my head, was at bar 4, I could actually sing, "and music still on MTV", and it would match up with the octaves perfectly. I'm sure it wasn't a conscious thing, but I can definitely hear the Bowling for Soup in your intro. Besides that, not a bad song, except for the blast beat(?) from the 5th-8th measure kind of bugged me, but then again I'm not a huge fan of those to begin with. SO its not a bad song, just kind of simple, and yes repetitive, but hell like you said, its a pop song. Of course vocals could make this song really good.

So 7.5/10 for now

C4C?

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?p=20673195#post20673195
CarlosAlejandro
516 IQ
Not sounds too bad so, its nice.

About the bar 4 i mean that the track 1 are so fast i guess that it should be more slow, for me. The bars 15 and 16 i think that it needs more speed, sounds bored here. About the 19 , its the chorus? I think so.. the 40 , this breakdown makes me remenber something like " Forever the sickeds kids x ] " But well, i can put you 8/10 .. The song is nice, and have potential but i guess that it needs some work
" Living the world as the music makes me feel "
Last edited by CarlosAlejandro at Jul 12, 2009,
jimmyled
*****es ain't ****
783 IQ
To Pop for me. But I liked how you mixed elements of Metal with the Pop. Didn't really like it, but I liked the idea.
C4C? My songs
.Joker.
410 IQ
It was cool, reminded me of A Day To Remember a bit.
The intro sounded like the intro to the Hannah Montana show though lol. I also agree that you should put some leads in...over top of the chorus, you could still have the octaves doing waht they're doing but add a catchy lead over top. Also in the chorus I dont really like the 3rd bar...it just sounds a bit off...maybe change the chord under the octave or somethin
andrew12398
nom nom nom
1,511 IQ
Reminds me of a really low tuned (and slow) Four Year Strong and a band my friend is in.

Try increasing the tempo to 145 and tell me what you think.

7/10 for now.
Quote by Zinnie
god placed the fossils in earth to confuse the humans into thinking that earth is older than it actually is, therefore, making men try and think outside the box....

just kidding, there is no god

www.youtube.com/user/andrew12398
Gromlich
53 IQ
Well kinda boring for me.. sorry this is really one of my favorite genres to tell you the truth, id say try adding a little more "core" if you know what I mean

Also with the breakdowns try a little more then just chugs, like maybe a pitch harmonic or a little lead part

just some ideas 6/10 IMO sorry
Paradox_Empire7
334 IQ
The intro is the exact same thing as 1985 by bowling for soup. I don't really see the ''core'' in the song. Look at my PopCore Song, and Comment !

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1225485&highlight=PopCore+Song