some of you may have seen my HELP ME WITH FR thread. my floyd seems to be completly fcked. So i might sell one of my other guitars so i can buy a new floyd rose.

So whats good in price ratio. I know in terms of price it goes Gotoh to Schaller to OFR but i was wondering which one is best for the price. Also will all three fit in the LFR slot of my LTD M-350.

I found Gotoh trems for AUS$198 and OFR for AUS$325. Havnt found a schaller price yet.

Is the OFR worth the extra $125
the Schaller and OFR are pretty much the same with regards to quality the only thing that i can really pick apart from them besides the design is the way that the trem feels. like the schaller is stiffer then the ofr but that's not to say it bad. and also before you go around changing your trem you might want to see which trem fits in first as that will define what trem you can have so you want to check your bridge route and your stud size and compare them to the bridges.
Ormsby have OFRs for $285 ($325 if you want gold) and Luthiers Supply Australia has gotoh FR $165 for chrome, $175 for black and $189 for gold.

I would take the OFR, mainly because a guitar with an OFR will have a higher resale value. To most people looking at buying 2nd hand guitars they will think an ORIGINAL floyd rose is better then a GOTOH floyd rose.
My Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Peavey Vypyr 30
DW Collector's 3 pc drums
Mapex Black panther snare
Sabian AAX/Zildjian K cymbals.
what about the Gotoh's quality are they a big improvment over LFR or are they just a little better
^Anyone that knows their **** will know that Gotoh is just as good though.
I'd go with Gotoh.
Then there's this band called Slice The Cake...

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.
Probably picked "for teh lulz"

Mod in UG's Official Gain Whores
Quote by BucketHayden
^ will anyone second that?

I will.

Those are all good i'd just get the cheapest one.

But why sell a guitar to buy it? You might as well just block the trem until you have the money to buy the new one.
That's the one. Buy now.
My Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Peavey Vypyr 30
DW Collector's 3 pc drums
Mapex Black panther snare
Sabian AAX/Zildjian K cymbals.
Gotoh, for sure. They're actually better than an OFR, if you're willing to believe John Suhr.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
if you can, i would try to get an ibanez ZR trem in there, but if not
depending on the OFR, like where its made a Schaller FR might be better since you know its cast in germany and not china or something.
i idk anyhting about gotoh
Quote by tukk04

almost forgot...
thats for you TS/n00b

Quote by timeconsumer09
No, just disregard all the posts in this thread that say that the tone is noticeably worse when it's dying...

i should have read the thread
Quote by Nolifemusician3
if you can, i would try to get an ibanez ZR trem in there, but if not
depending on the OFR, like where its made a Schaller FR might be better since you know its cast in germany and not china or something.
i idk anyhting about gotoh

you do realise that to fit a ZR trem in their would require a fair amount of routing and head****. it's much easier to stick with a FR if it fits then going to install the ZR