Hey guys what's up,

A local store I've frequented for years now is sadly closing, and everything is going for 50% off, including some EMG pickups. I have a Charvel/Jackson model 4 back from the 80's I believe, and was wondering what your opinions would be on putting the 81/85 setup on this guitar? Currently the pickups can't play anything heavy it seems, just a really light sounding guitar, but I'd rather have a heavier sound on it, and I think the 81/85 would be just what I'm looking for.
Do it.
Imagination is more important than knowledge...
It is a miracle that curiosity survives formal education.
- Albert Einstein -
Do it. Even if you don't like them you got half price EMGs. I say buy an 81, 89, 85 and 60. Mix and match to find what you like. then you still have 2 EMG active pups left over and you only payed for 1 set

If you only want to buy 2 pups get the 81 (bridge) and 60 (neck). Get coil split for the 60 and you will still be able to do cleans.
My Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Peavey Vypyr 30
DW Collector's 3 pc drums
Mapex Black panther snare
Sabian AAX/Zildjian K cymbals.
Last edited by random_B-RAD at Jul 12, 2009,
Quote by random_B-RAD
Do it. Even if you don't like them you got half price EMGs. I say buy an 81, 89, 85 and 60. Mix and match to find what you like. then you still have 2 EMG active pups left over and you only payed for 1 set

If you only want to buy 2 pups get the 81 (bridge) and 60 (neck). Get coil split for the 60 and you will still be able to do cleans.

ermmm the 60 doesn't do coil splitting.
Quote by azn_guitarist25
ermmm the 60 doesn't do coil splitting.

Someone said in a thread here that it does. Anyway the 60 still gives you the ability to do cleans so I would get the 81/60 anyway.
My Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Peavey Vypyr 30
DW Collector's 3 pc drums
Mapex Black panther snare
Sabian AAX/Zildjian K cymbals.
Quote by random_B-RAD

you don't need a coil split to do cleans. You just need to press the button on your amp that says "channel select" and bingo! instant cleans
EH

"Show me war; show me pestilence; show me the blood-red hands of retribution..."