good evening gentlemen. My friend will soon be beginning the electric guitar adventure and I was wondering what good guitars should he check out for $300 and under. i'm making sure he gets gear he won't hate a few years from now so he's only going to be getting a roland cube, vox vt, or peavey vypyr amp. he plays mostly rock (loves muse) and blues. any suggestions my friends?
One of the Agile Les Pauls? Fits the bill on price and they are not too bad, I'm told.
I pick up my guitar and play
Just like Yesterday

T C Ellis Series 2 LP w/Skatterbrane Quiescence pups
Cort EVL-K6
Yamaha RGX211 modded
H&S Electric 12-string
Shaftsbury Ricki 4001
'84 Fender Yale
Roland Cube 15x

Quote by Lurcher
One of the Agile Les Pauls? Fits the bill on price and they are not too bad, I'm told.

this, apparently they are more or less the same quality as epiphone, which is pretty good in that price range.
I ordered an Agile 4 days ago, but I live in Germany so the shipping is gonna take forever.
Tbh, I'd suggest saving to $500-600. In my experience the quality of guitars really skyrockets until that range and then it gets moderately better past that.
Breaking stereotypes by playing indie on a metal guitar.

Current Gear
- Epiphone Les Paul Standard (Plus Top)
- Crappy Strat Copy (Redecorated, looks snazzy)
- Ibanez Acoustic/Electric Guitar
- Ibanez RG1570 Mirage Blue
- Peavey Vypyr 30 Watt
were are u located ghiyath ?? sounds like you're from the middle east ?! if you're there i can help you a lot with the stores and stuff ?!
I'd highly suggest an ESP LTD MH 100QMT
it is my first guitar and honestly, it's easy to play, very comfortable, easy to screw around with, decent pick ups.
I payed...250 and damn was it worth it!

Hell i've been playing this old pos more than my RG420 lately
forgot the power of active pups
I second the G400. Got mine for $270 new.

EDIT: it was the faded cherry though ... which i liked more.
daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
I'm gonna need specific instructions again on how to properly dance with my pants on my head.
Quote by lolmnt
First you put your pants on your head.
Second you dance.
Third you wipe off all the pussy.
Quote by ghiyath
bump..

are the epiphone les pauls in this price range any good?

No, just avoid them( Special and Studio) the Standards are ok though.
Main Gear:
Schecter C-1 Classic
Line 6 Flextone III
get a ESP LTD F-50. Very light weight, very versatile, agile, neck feels almost like a daisy rock except its totally kickass and has delicious pickups. Wicked looks too.
Schecter Omen-6
ESP LTD V-500
Line 6 Spider III
epiphone g-400 faded awesome guitar i have a couple of frnds who use it they are very very very happy!
Gear:
-Epiphone les paul special II
-Peavey Valveking 112
+1 to the Agile.

^I love Green Day, I think they're really awesome, and I'm seeing them in a couple weeks, but they're certainly not the greatest band on earth.
And on the seventh day, I said "Go to your room!"

check out my jazz tab and ill gladly do a review of any of your stuff

I play the bass clarinet! How 'bout you? PM me!
schecter omen 6? i got one two years ago for $290, they may have gone up.

great, solid, reliable guitars
Official Aspie member

ANOUNCEMENT: Weird misspellings or words that make no sense? there was a good chance this was sent from my Droid 2 phone.
Quote by SinisterStrieth
.. You are the man.

RIP Dime RIP Michael Jackson
Quote by CHOCOmoney
+1 to the Agile.

^I love Green Day, I think they're really awesome, and I'm seeing them in a couple weeks, but they're certainly not the greatest band on earth.

i knew that would sound a bit outrageous but i believe in it :P
Gear:
-Epiphone les paul special II
-Peavey Valveking 112