Hey all. I haven't had to go to this forum for quite awhile; I spent a few years on hear and got the knowledge I thought I needed and progressed on! haha, but every once and awhile I gotta go here for some help.

Well, my strat is plaguing me. She's a beauty, thats for sure. American, 06, Ash body, I think but I could be wrong (I only say that because I think the sienna suburst finish needs ash, if someone could clarify for me once and for all if this is ash or maple that would be great) She's got Custom Shop '69 pickups, been set up by me for awhile but without great results, and I typically just string .10s on her.

Anyway to the problem.

I go to guitar center quite often, and every time I play stratocasters that feel miles past mine in playability. There's just something about the guitars I play there. I get more sustain. I get more bite, more hot strat tone out of them. At one point I picked up a squier that they had for demoing wah pedals, and that thing even felt easier to play than my own American strat.

If I could state the problems, it would be that the notes don't ring out as clearly, they don't ring out as long, and they take more effort to create in the first place. Soloing above the 12th fret is very difficult due to how quickly the notes die out, and I can't live off of feedback for sustain. On top of all this, my guitar's tone seems to be a little too thin. The CS69's sound great down low on the fretboard, but up high... meh, you've got to fight, hard.

I've recently taken .11s off in favor of .10s, but it really didn't make much of a different. I've tried raising the action, no difference.

I don't know whats up here pit could someone throw out some ideas that could help me get her up to her potential?
"The future's uncertain, and The End is always near."
-Jim Morrison
are you playing the guitars through high-end amps at the store? has your guitar been professionally set up? intonation, pick-up height etc.

if none of those things are the problem, maybe you just have GAS
Quote by CoreysMonster
are you playing the guitars through high-end amps at the store? has your guitar been professionally set up? intonation, pick-up height etc.

if none of those things are the problem, maybe you just have GAS

I've done fiddling with pickup height myself to find the right height, but no I haven't got it setup in quite a long time. I don't have the money to do so.

No, I usually play through a super champ XD.
"The future's uncertain, and The End is always near."
-Jim Morrison
Quote by SlinkyBlue
I've done fiddling with pickup height myself to find the right height, but no I haven't got it setup in quite a long time. I don't have the money to do so.

No, I usually play through a super champ XD.

maybe you should have it set up, it really makes a huge difference concerning playability and sound, but that's just assuming they set up all guitars at GC.
set it up. change strings, everything will be fine
Quote by Moggan13
Serjem is like a Bishops testicals: Swollen
ಠ_ಠ
IIIIfb * KARKOLI * ytIIII(mostly rock... a little funky, a little hard just the way you want it )