Do you use inside jargon when you're talking to people you've just met?

Alright, sorry about the long title, but I don't think I can reword it to make it smaller.

Well, I'm just sitting here bored and just thought of this question. For example, if you were talking to someone about guitar, would you say, "I just got my new Floyd Rose tremolo system installed on my guitar and I was doing dive bombs all night", to someone you just met and they didn't play guitar. I don't think I do, but probably have trying to impress some ladies maybe
I use big words. People like big words. One day people will listen to my big words and say, "Hey. That man knows his stuff."

Then all will be good.
Quote by insideac
No, I talk to everyone in stupid terms, regardless if they play or not.

Amen. Makes life so much easier.
Yeah, i use technical guitar terms to girls.... well not to impress them. Just to prove to them that women are inferior.
daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
I'm gonna need specific instructions again on how to properly dance with my pants on my head.
Quote by lolmnt
First you put your pants on your head.
Second you dance.
Third you wipe off all the pussy.
Quote by Pretentious douche
"I just got my new Floyd Rose tremolo system installed on my guitar and I was doing dive bombs all night"

I would only use jargon after getting to know them a bit better and seeing where they're at. Getting straight into it is a little overbearing I reckon.
Quote by Le_Bunny
I would only use jargon after getting to know them a bit better and seeing where they're at. Getting straight into it is a little overbearing I reckon.

I agree
Friend: I just get my new Vox last night
Me: How many watts?
Friend: 30
Me: Is it Solid State or Tube?
Friend: lol wut
daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
I'm gonna need specific instructions again on how to properly dance with my pants on my head.
Quote by lolmnt
First you put your pants on your head.
Second you dance.
Third you wipe off all the pussy.
No, I don't use Inside Jargon on people I've just met. Why? I would confuse the person I'm talking with, let alone myself.
DeVillains!
If people dunno what I'm talking about i attempt to use very simple language.

My friend couldn't even understand what a amp head and speaker was...
Quote by Bartleby
i tune to drop-Z and string my guitar with barbed wire.

Quote by UncleCthulhu
we r all rlaeted bcuz teh bibel sez so we r al innbreads lolo

Prime Minister of Puppets of The Australia FTW Club

One of The 9 Winners of the Official 5th MOD Contest
I just speak in japanese all the time, I dont care if anyone understands, they're too stupid to anyway.

Quote by kiloisalb
"I just got my new Floyd Rose tremolo system installed on my guitar and I was doing dive bombs all night"

Am I the only one who thinks that this could be turned into an innuendo so easily?
Quote by Zaphikh
I use big words. People like big words. One day people will listen to my big words and say, "Hey. That man knows his stuff."

Then all will be good.

But a lot of the time they think, "Hey. That man is a pompous douche." So careful.
Quote by Ian_the_fox
You're not girly enough of a boy for me, and you're not man enough to take the top. So like, sorry bitch but you ain't mine! Sorry.
I have a pretty wide vocabulary , which is good because when i am talking to people i like to get straight to the point with what i'm trying to say and i usually know one word to sum it up.

But with the guitar stuff, unless i know they play a fair bit of guitar, then i don't go into too much detail, i just name drop makes (not that i have an amazing guitar or anything).
WHOMP

Think of that next time you are not allowed to laugh.
no.
christ, my brother does this constantly with
W.O.W bull****.
i hate him and that game.
I tend to use a lot of hard and complex words. At my work, where everyone is hardly educated they all make fun of it. But I don't care, it just shows that I'm smarter than they are.
Oh, you wouldn't want an angel watching over
Surprise, surprise, they wouldn't wanna watch
I consistently use very large words. I don't mean to, it's just the way my mind works. Those words combined with my ever present sarcasm lead to people not understanding me

edit: ^^ I hear you sir
I ususally start by talking in simple and vague terms, though sometimes I will start using complicated terms (well they seem simple to me) just to confuse people and make it look like I know what i'm talking about.
Quote by Altoidwithmelon
I consistently use very large words. I don't mean to, it's just the way my mind works. Those words combined with my ever present sarcasm lead to people not understanding me

edit: ^^ I hear you sir

I do this online, with the addition of massive sentences making it even more incomprehensible, in real life I tend to use the smallest, simplest words possible.
I'LL PUNCH A DONKEY IN THE STREETS OF GALWAY
Last edited by whalepudding at Jul 12, 2009,
Quote by ealank5
no.
christ, my brother does this constantly with
W.O.W bull****.
i hate him and that game.

Quote by kayaress one

Sir, I love you.

I do all the time.
- ---------
-- --------