Effects:
EHX POG
EHX Pulsar
ProCo Rat 2
Line 6 DL4
Ernie Ball Volume
Death By Audio Fuzz War
Blackout Whetstone Phaser

Currently, this is the rig I'm working on. I can probably get some boutique pedals, as I can go spend up to $1200 on pedals. Although, I don't know much about boutique, so recommendations would be great.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE SAD MAFIOSO σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Originally Posted by jgbsmith
Guys, guys - put your penises away, we have a lady in the house!
Last edited by TheWall27 at Jul 15, 2009,
I'd go for something better/more versatile than a Phase 90, maybe a Blackout Effectors Whetstone Phaser? Also, what genres are you looking to play?

You may want to get an analog delay in addition to the DL4. Maybe look into a vintage EHX Deluxe Memory Man.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Quote by Raijouta
I'd go for something better/more versatile than a Phase 90, maybe a Blackout Effectors Whetstone Phaser? Also, what genres are you looking to play?

You may want to get an analog delay in addition to the DL4. Maybe look into a vintage EHX Deluxe Memory Man.

I play quite a bit of music:

Prog. Rock
Post-Rock
Ambient
Stoner Rock
Doom Metal
Blues/Hard Rock
Psychedelic Rock
Delta Blues
Shoegaze
Texas Blues
Jazz
NWOBHM
Bebop

╠═══════╬═══════╣

╠═══════╬═══════╣

As said above, i would sugest a differant phaser pedal, if you want chorus i can suggest the Analog Man chorus, but it's always better to try the item befor you buy it off youtube videos

I don't know about doom metal, but getting a Fender Twin on itself to metal isn't possible, so i suggest a heavy pedal for heavyer metal genres.

For those genre's i would suggest an ENGL is your buget can go that high, or a JCM800
Last edited by stykerwolf at Jul 12, 2009,
Get an amp with a bit more grit imo
Quote by slickerthnsleek
YOU WIN THE INTERNET.
Quote by dxpaintball8000
long live bucketmark.
the fender won't really do doom.
For post-rock, the DL4 is the best you can buy.
the death by audio is suposed to sound full and fat to.
The other pedals I have no real experience with.
Get a Bogner Uberschall if you have a crazy insane budget.

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
dude ur really selfish u dont need more guitar stuff if u already have heaps, give the money to charity or something
Quote by zip983
dude ur really selfish u dont need more guitar stuff if u already have heaps, give the money to charity or something

wut

I have a Behringer V-Tone and a Zoom Multi-Effects. :/

╠═══════╬═══════╣

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Quote by TheWall27

wut

I have a Behringer V-Tone and a Zoom Multi-Effects. :/

you showed him hahahaha
Quote by slickerthnsleek
YOU WIN THE INTERNET.
Quote by dxpaintball8000
long live bucketmark.
Quote by nightraven
i think the fender is a great choice. for doom you can just run a load of dirt pedals into it. if you get some cheesy metal amp with tons of distortion on board, the rest of your musical interests will suffer

i know a guy who does drone/sludge metal into a fender twin >.<

I strongly support this.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE SINE WAVE SURFER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']Boss pedals may be built like tanks but I would rather buy a cardboard box that is on my side than pay for a tank that is working against me.
it's an upgrade, seriously gtfo.
Quote by slickerthnsleek
YOU WIN THE INTERNET.
Quote by dxpaintball8000
long live bucketmark.
Quote by zip983
yeah u already have that so why do u need more?

Because he wants it... Why shouldn't he buy stuff with his money? What else would he do with it?

You might want an overdrive as well, just to add a bit of dirt for blues and older rock. Maybe a Fulltone OCD or some kind of TS.
Quote by XxLloydxX
How young would you consider no-pedo attempt
Last edited by monkey_dancer at Jul 12, 2009,
Quote by zip983

Greco 59-50 Mint Collection - 1982 - Iron Gear Hot Slag/Rolling Mill
Schecter Tempest Classic Goldtop
Ceriatone 18 Watt TMB/EF86 2x12 - Lorantz Greenback's
MI Audio Blues Pro Overdrive

Quote by Danyg
^ this guy defines the term "being right".
Quote by nightraven
i think the fender is a great choice. for doom you can just run a load of dirt pedals into it. if you get some cheesy metal amp with tons of distortion on board, the rest of your musical interests will suffer

this.
fender amps take pedals very well.
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
Why is that guy not banned yet?
Gear
Tokai Love Rock
Vox AC4
Danelectro Transparent Overdrive
T.C. Electronic Nova Repeater
Stomp Under Foot Violet Rams Head
Quote by zip983
wow, diizz you really are a douchebag

Hmm, yeah, know that I think about it, I guess we're all douchebags for getting a job and buying things we work hard for...

Quote by Danyg
Quote by zip983

Don't feed the troll
Yeah the TR will do just fine with a bunch of pedals
Effects updated. Any further comments? Also, amp-wise, I now have two more choices:

Tweed Fender Blues Deville 4x10 ($450)
Vox AC15CC1 - ($400)

Or, I could just get the '70s Twin Reverb for $550. Which should I do?

╠═══════╬═══════╣

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Quote by zip983
wow, diizz you really are a douchebag

I disagree ... Diizz is a smashing young bloke... He is pretty cool dude seriously

TS, that is a ****load of effects... do you actually NEED all of those?
daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
I'm gonna need specific instructions again on how to properly dance with my pants on my head.
Quote by lolmnt
First you put your pants on your head.
Second you dance.
Third you wipe off all the pussy.
Quote by JayT44
I disagree ... Diizz is a smashing young bloke... He is pretty cool dude seriously

TS, that is a ****load of effects... do you actually NEED all of those?

Fuzz - 60's Rock, Psychedelic Rock, Stoner Rock/Metal, Drone, Sludge, and Doom Metal.

Pulsar - For Surf and Rockabilly.

Line 6 DL4/Carbon Copy - In Surf and Rockabilly, a good echo is helpful. Delay and loopers are (IMO) needed for a good Post-Rock rig.

Volume - I prefer volume pedals over the volume knob, and I can remove any attack with it.

Rat - Main source of Distortion.

Phaser - Good for Pyschedelic Rock, Experimental music, and Post-Rock.

POG - Psych. Rock, Post Rock, Stoner Rock. Very good octave sounds.

It's actually quite small for a Post-Rock/Ambient/Shoegaze rig. .-.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Quote by TheWall27
It's actually quite small for a Post-Rock/Ambient/Shoegaze rig. .-.

so true. i think you're on the right track with everything you've picked
main rig:
MIM Tele->VP Jr.->CryBaby->Fuzz Factory->TS808->Carbon Copy->Phase 90->TU-3->Vox AC30CCH+Avatar 212 and Peavey VTM60+Marshall 1960A

Quote by necrosis1193
Fuzz...It's wonderful and horrible and beautiful and repulsive and so many things all at once.
Quote by nightraven

This, a ProCo Rat like you have there will probably work alright, but a Fender like that and some trippy pedals will hit 75% of what you have up there perfectly.
Quote by progbass
right Metallica is a given. Personally I like to pretend the bus exploded and killed them all in '86.

GUITAR PEDALS FOR SALE
he is about on with effects, if he knows how to use them, and it seems he does.

i would have recommended the HOG if you were going for a POG, just a bit more money with alot more bang.

if you can achieve an actual gibson instead of the moded epi i would recommend it, i love my dc les paul. but the guitar will do, i don't dislike the epi lp at all, but the gibson should be the long term goal in the end for sure.

the amp will swallow pedals and be very versatile, the 70's twin anyway. the 4x10 devile(i own the mexi one) is a bit limited though it does sound insanely good. a big drawback on the reissues(the reissues are made in mexico, the originals were made in america) is the use of linear volume knobs, this creates a problem where they are either too loud or too quiet, it needs to be moded out the box to optimize the usefulness, so buyer beware. i also needed to insert a 12at-7 in the driver tube position to mellow it to usefulness as well. i will reiterate the fender blues deville still sounds good, just has issues. ac15 may come in lacking if you play bigger bars with stage volume. verdict: i would consider the deville, try the ac15 to see if you can't go without it, but keep the 70's twin in the cross hairs. the twin likes pedals better too.
i have an ehx pulsar, the old school big enclosure one, and it is great. definitely keep that as your top choice tremolo.

fuzz war is a great fuzz, very versatile.
the minimalist σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
Quote by gumbilicious
he is about on with effects, if he knows how to use them, and it seems he does.

i would have recommended the HOG if you were going for a POG, just a bit more money with alot more bang.

if you can achieve an actual gibson instead of the moded epi i would recommend it, i love my dc les paul. but the guitar will do, i don't dislike the epi lp at all, but the gibson should be the long term goal in the end for sure.

the amp will swallow pedals and be very versatile, the 70's twin anyway. the 4x10 devile(i own the mexi one) is a bit limited though it does sound insanely good. a big drawback on the reissues(the reissues are made in mexico, the originals were made in america) is the use of linear volume knobs, this creates a problem where they are either too loud or too quiet, it needs to be moded out the box to optimize the usefulness, so buyer beware. i also needed to insert a 12at-7 in the driver tube position to mellow it to usefulness as well. i will reiterate the fender blues deville still sounds good, just has issues. ac15 may come in lacking if you play bigger bars with stage volume. verdict: i would consider the deville, try the ac15 to see if you can't go without it, but keep the 70's twin in the cross hairs. the twin likes pedals better too.

I would if I could afford one. But, since I can't, I got the Semi-Hollow Epi and gave it Gibsons p-ups. Not perfect, but it'll do. Although, if I had the money, I'd probably just get an Edwards.

I think I'm going to just end up getting the TR, due to how well it take pedals.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Quote by JayT44
Diizz is a smashing young bloke

Thanks man.

Sigged, hope you dont mind.

TheWall27, take a look at a TC Electronics Nova Repeater for a good delay.

Heres a demo:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hV4bke7EimY

Quote by Danyg
Quote by DiizZ
Thanks man.

Sigged

You lie.....
daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
I'm gonna need specific instructions again on how to properly dance with my pants on my head.
Quote by lolmnt
Second you dance.
Haha, its up now.

Quote by Danyg
Quote by DiizZ
Haha, its up now.

Finally got sigged!!!!!
daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
Quote by lolmnt
Second you dance.