I already own an encore les paul blaster however its starting to fall to bits, i was wondering what new guitar I should buy, by the way I am a huge noob. I can play time of your life and a couple of riffs + tabs and thats about it.

Ive seen guitars on sites like Gear4music and have grown attached to there flying V's but I want to know more on there performance.

PS: My Budget is £140 and I only want to order from an English website to save on shipping.

Thanks and help will be greatly apprechiated!
Last edited by VocalValantine at Jul 12, 2009,
well you dont want go for the good looking guitars you want to focus more on how well they play. i made the mistake of switching up from the same guitar as you to a js30rr without playing it and it was a big mistake it took me months of playing to get used to it and like playing it. if i were you id proberly go for maybe an epiphone les paul dunno how much they go for now though oh and make sure if your gonna buy a guitar you play it first and a shop to see if it feels nice to play.
Quote by notsominidude
well you dont want go for the good looking guitars you want to focus more on how well they play. i made the mistake of switching up from the same guitar as you to a js30rr without playing it and it was a big mistake it took me months of playing to get used to it and like playing it. if i were you id proberly go for maybe an epiphone les paul dunno how much they go for now though oh and make sure if your gonna buy a guitar you play it first and a shop to see if it feels nice to play.

Ok thanks for your advice, would you reccomend a Fender Stratocaster because Ive seen them going for about £120 brand new.

I just want something that looks nice.

Im not too worried about amps just the actual guitar.

I have a BB blaster and elevation 10 watt amp anyway.
Try looking for a second hand guitar. You might find a flying v that plays good for less then £140 But take a friend with you that knows how to play the guitar (somewhat decent) so you don't get a guitar with an impossible to play neck or crappy tuners. A few scratches and a small chip in the finish don't really matter.
And if playing your guitar isn't your thing you can probably sell it for about the same price.
Electric Guitar Forum

Your question will be better answered over there, but the posts above me are right. Dont concentrate on looks, sound and more importantly playability should take precedent.

For future reference the new members forum is for member introductions (in the stickied thread) and for users to ask questions about the site.

Welcome to UG