Hello there

I have been an acoustic guitar player for about a year and I decided to buy a electric guitar, I bought a Yahama EG112 beginner guitar package with GA-15 amp. When I tried the guitar, I knew that I lost 279$ to a crappy guitar. When it is on clean, it sounds like an acoustic and when it's on drive, it sounds better but when I strum it, I don't hear the strings, I hear distortion with no tone with my Middle on 10 and my guitar tone on 10. please tell me that I am mistaken, I tried to play metal gear solid on it and it sounded depressive and I tried to play pantera floods on it and I felt like recycling this guitar. I don't know who is the culprit, is it my playing or the guitar? I am thinking of buying a guitar computer cable and using a Guitar FX, Do you think I can get a lovely sound of this guitar if I do this? I am really hesistant to throw any more money on this crappy guitar and I hate Yahama for the rest of my life, they made me consider career change .

Give me some insight plz, I wish I'd asked before I bought this piece of ****.

Thank u
Last edited by Yamahist at Jul 12, 2009,
its the amp, amp = 90% of your tone.

Edit: but i mean, its a beginner guitar package, i think your standards are a bit high.

Edit2: lol and you must be cursing your username right now .
Last edited by stephen_rettie at Jul 12, 2009,
Yes, these package deals aren't exactly known to offer you revolutionizing tone. It's all in the amp though, any guitar will sound alright through a decent amp as long as nothings broken. So, I would either return the package (if possible) or simply keep playing while saving for a better amp. You'll get more or less zero bass out of an amp if the speaker's smaller than 10". A piece of advice.
its the amp, amp = 90% of your tone.

Edit: but i mean, its a beginner guitar package, i think your standards are a bit high.

Edit2: lol and you must be cursing your username right now

I feel relived that the Amp is the culprit. About the standards, I bought a Yahama acoustic guitar for about 110$ and it sounded as great as hell, it is behind seducing me to buy another Yahama guitar. I am gonna change my username for sure .

Yes, these package deals aren't exactly known to offer you revolutionizing tone. It's all in the amp though, any guitar will sound alright through a decent amp as long as nothings broken. So, I would either return the package (if possible) or simply keep playing while saving for a better amp. You'll get more or less zero bass out of an amp if the speaker's smaller than 10". A piece of advice.

I wish if I could take it back, I am forced to face my dumbness and my super IQ .

new amp and turn down your mid's no reason to have them so high.

Yeah, I am not distorting the sound until I buy a new amp.

Thanks guys for your advice, I recorded my Amp playing parts of Metal Gear Solid, Hills of Eternity, soothsayer by buckethead and some random stuffs.

I am sure you would tell me to recycle this Amp before tomorow or turn it into a magnet, otherwise I must have a problem with Amps.

http://uploading.com/files/ZQ7YEFKC/yahamacrappyG15-A.wma.html
My electric is a yamaha package guitar and i must say the amp in the package is crap. I played mine on another, better amp, and it sounded 10x's better...but my next electric is definentaly going to be something else...its a very good beginner electric though from my experience, just buy a new amp once you get the money up.
Gear:
Alvarez Classical Guitar(don't know much about it).
Yamaha FG730S
Agile AL-2000 Black Cherry
Fender 25R Frontman Series II Combo