From this,

To this,

Alright so its my first paintjob and attempt at scalloping
I scalloped frets 12-21, kinda overscalloped frets 12 and 15 but oh well. It plays better than before. Gotoh vintage bridge in gold and I spray painted the input jack and screws.

Got a YJM in the neck and the middle pickup isn't wired. The bridge pickup is the original pickup that came with the squier. I was thinking of getting a humbucker for thrash-style riffs, any recommendations? Perhaps a DiMarzio super distortion? I'd get a SD JB but they don't come in white
Last edited by MermaidMan at Jul 12, 2009,
I like that gibson in the background....wut?
My Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Peavey Vypyr 30
DW Collector's 3 pc drums
Mapex Black panther snare
Sabian AAX/Zildjian K cymbals.
I really like what you have done with it. White and gold is so swanky.

Protip: resize your images so they aren't so huge. Imageshack, photobucket etc usually have an option to auto-resize. 640x480 is plenty big.
no it's easier IMO. Yngwie and Ritchie Blackmore use scalloped frets for that reason.
Quote by necrosis1193
Somewhere in a concert hall in Sweden, you have just caused Yngwie Malmsteen physical pain. You also caused him to catch on fire.

Quote by frusciante.ve
I like that new song of theirs that goes all "peeeeeaaaas wiiiill comeeeeee toooo meeeee"

Just because you Seymour Duncan, doesn't mean you Seymour Dunshould
Quote by random_B-RAD
I like that gibson in the background....wut?

I was hoping no one would notice that haha.
Quote by cedricsmods
I really like what you have done with it. White and gold is so swanky.

Protip: resize your images so they aren't so huge. Imageshack, photobucket etc usually have an option to auto-resize. 640x480 is plenty big.

Sorry bout that, resized it

Quote by Antonio23
niiice

just a question,do scalloped frets make bending harder?

With the scalloped frets, it's much easier to do bends IMO. Its also extremely easy to do vibratos cause your fingers aren't blocked by the fretboard.
its a shame it was the 12th and 15th frets you went too far on since they have the inlays. But you learn from your mistakes
Love it!
With a pickguard that's pearl looked more white, it'd be the JEM of the strats
The gold spray you painted the screws and jack with may rub off though.