Page 1 of 2
...to take a swimming class in school?

I've always wondered what P.E., Lunch/Recess had to do with Math, Languages, Science, and History.

If these were cut from school, the time you would spend there would be around 3-4 hours instead of 7-8.
If you're having a threesome with a lady friend and the guy comes up behind you and starts tickling your balls, can you file for sexual harassment?

Quote by Eddie4President
You don't know me.

But every time I see your profile name, I get a hard on.
I think swimming is more essential than math for example. I mean, it keeps you from drowning.
And what is more, there's been a bloody purple nose and some bloody purple clothes that were messing up the lobby floor. It's just apartment house rules so all you 'partment fools remember : one man's ceiling is another man's floor.
Quote by Mister.Y
I think swimming is more essential than math for example. I mean, it keeps you from drowning.

I agree with this guy. It's important to know how to swim.
Albums I Must Obtain
Call me Paul. I prefer that.
Quote by fretsonfire74
I think you're my soulmate
swimming is fun.
lunchtime is fun.
you complain too much, ts.
Quote by Meths

I don't think any words should be censored.

Especially faggot since homos aren't real people and all.

Quote by sam b
Man City wont win anything and finish below Arsenal.

city: 3rd + FA cup winners.
arsenal: 4th
Why have recess/break? So they kids don't run riot and actually concentrate. Why have lunch? So the kids actually get fed. Why have swimming lessons? To be blunt, in case they fall into a canal. Why have PE? To make sure the kids actually get some exercise instead of becoming sofa-bound and obese. More importantly, to get them to start enjoying exercise so they carry it on later in life.

I fail to see how this is hard to understand.
Last edited by webbtje at Jul 12, 2009,
*Throes TS into lake, TS does not drown because he took a swimming class in PE*
[HARLEY-DAVIDSON]

When the world slips you a Jerffrey...

Stroke the furry walls.
stroke the furry walls.
Normally, lunch is there to keep you from starving (plus not being hungry helps with concentration). And a break inbetween lessons stops you from getting over bored. PE also keeps you fit and healthy, and swimming is one f the best ones, because everyone can do it, unlike, say running or football or rugby or something.

I think you should pay attention more in school rather than thinking about cutting it down!
Cam Sampbell's my hero
Last edited by Lil Macker at Jul 12, 2009,
PE to give you strength and stamina. Swimming might save your life, or someone else's and is great healthy exercise. Also it gives the school day a break rather than cram academic stuff in your ears all the time.
I pick up my guitar and play
Just like Yesterday

T C Ellis Series 2 LP w/Skatterbrane Quiescence pups
Cort EVL-K6
Yamaha RGX211 modded
H&S Electric 12-string
Shaftsbury Ricki 4001
'84 Fender Yale
Roland Cube 15x

We had to learn to swim in primary school I remember, now. lol. So you don't drown in future?

I learnt on my own anyway, well... with my mum and a friend.
On vacation from modding = don't pm me with your pish
I knew how to swim before I started kindergarten.
And I do enjoy P.E. and lunch.

I wasn't complaining either, just some random thoughts.

After all, it would save money too.
If you're having a threesome with a lady friend and the guy comes up behind you and starts tickling your balls, can you file for sexual harassment?

Quote by Eddie4President
You don't know me.

its not required here

but seriously, is the concept really that hard to understand?

consider this situation:
(kid is thrown into a lake)
oh noes! ive been thrown in a lake! good thing i got an A in science!
Geets:
Ibanez GSA60
Epiphone SG/LP custom
Schecter Damien elite 7
Fender Highway one Telecaster

Pedals:
Visual sound Jekyll and Hyde

Amp:
Peavey 6505
Marshall M412a cab
Peavey Classic 50

GO STEELERS!
Last edited by ihavenoname93 at Jul 12, 2009,
Quote by IWantYourBallz
I knew how to swim before I started kindergarten.
And I do enjoy P.E. and lunch.

I wasn't complaining either, just some random thoughts.

After all, it would save money too.

Well, what would they spend the money on? They couldn't spend it on a cafeteria, or on sports equipment, or anything like that. They'd have to spend it on textbooks and computers, and then there'd be nothing else really to spend it on, because they'd have too many of them.
Cam Sampbell's my hero
this thread isn't really going as planned by the TS,
But since like the earth is what 70% water?? i'd be nice if people could swim
Quote by Lil Macker
Well, what would they spend the money on? They couldn't spend it on a cafeteria, or on sports equipment, or anything like that. They'd have to spend it on textbooks and computers, and then there'd be nothing else really to spend it on, because they'd have too many of them.

I wasn't saying they should get rid of anything.

They'd have money for up-to-date textbooks.
My school's books are from 2002.
Except for the Math class.

This thread isn't really going as planned by the TS,
But since like the earth is what 70% water? I'd be nice if people could swim.

Well, since the Earth is 70% water, then you'd think people would learn to swim on their own.

Quote by Eddie4President
You don't know me.

Last edited by IWantYourBallz at Jul 12, 2009,
Quote by IWantYourBallz
Well, since the Earth is 70% water, then you'd think people would learn to swim on their own.

lol id think thats more of a reason to teach it in school.
Being forced to swim in primary school for PE was a nightmare. I cant stand cold water or swimming. Mondays (PE) were hell. I would spend the whole day completely terrified- I couldnt think about anything else. I think it scarred me to an extent.
I really, really hated it.
It was the equivalent of making a person with vertigo skydive.
Originally Posted by Dawginator
Lord Cheswick, you are a comic genius!

Originally Posted by blommen
the move of a true gentleman sir Jacek. short, civilised, and intellectual. hats off to you good sir
this is ridiculously obvious

break is so you dont want to kill yourself from boredom, maybe get a bit of fresh air
Lunch is so you can eat
Swimming so you dont drown when falling in a river
PE to try and avoid every child from becoming obese and its always good fun anyway

I understand having them there.
But I don't think they should be required.

Quote by Eddie4President
You don't know me.

My school doesn't do swimming. But then again, my school is run by cheap bastards.

This is Larry The If you click him, he will give you magic powers.
srsly.

If you are not willing to die for the perfect s'more, Then you don't deserve a s'more at all.
You don't have to eat if you don't want to.
It's always been like that here.
And they always gave us different options in P.E.
But they always made us swim.
I don't hate swimming, I just found it odd.

Quote by Eddie4President
You don't know me.

it wasen't required in my school...though I did take it. Swimming is a great sport if you wanna buff up your arms and legs and your stamina in total.
[img]http://img300.imageshack.us/img300/3760/356h356h365pc1.png[/img]
Die Ruhe vor dem Sturm.
swimming is a great way to pee on your fellow classmates without them knowing, so is it really THAT bad?
RIP Bernie Mac
RIP Michael Jackson

FUCK YOU DIME!

Quote by Cobain_Is_King
Get 'Cliff is Angry. So so angry' on your ass.

Edit: Then take pictures and send me them.

Genetically engineered and raised by wolverines DAVE MUSTAINE...
We never had to learn to swim.
TS, learning to swim prevents you from drowning. Learning stuff like sculling prevents you from drowning even if your legs are broken. Learning other strokes etc can help you rescue other people. It's a pity they didn't teach it in our school. Lifesaving and first aid should be compulsory.
"Why should we subsidise intellectual curiosity?"
-Ronald Reagan

"Knowledge is in every country the surest basis of public happiness."
-George Washington
Quote by CliffIsAngry
swimming is a great way to pee on your fellow classmates without them knowing, so is it really THAT bad?

Quote by Yerjam
Could be, but the most important thing to remember is that it wasn't your fault, even if it was.
My primary school swimming lessons made me a worse swimmer. I used to regularly swin 100 metres or so (I was 9) until primary school swimming lessons. We were actively encouraged to "splash" and "kick" and not swim. It was so annoying, and I lost a lot of my flair for swimming...
<--- This is Wally. Not Waldo.

Gear List:
Ibanez RG570
Fender MIA Strat (in black, HSS)
Godawful Marshall MG practice amp

My Youtube
My godawful blog
my school has it's own pool, so we have swimming lessons way more often than most schools, and everything we're learning now in swimming, i learnt in primary school, cos i also took weekly lessons. i am so over swimming, but i only have to take lessons once a fortnight for ~5 more months, so it's ok.
Quote by webbtje
Why have recess/break? So they kids don't run riot and actually concentrate. Why have lunch? So the kids actually get fed. Why have swimming lessons? To be blunt, in case they fall into a canal. Why have PE? To make sure the kids actually get some exercise instead of becoming sofa-bound and obese. More importantly, to get them to start enjoying exercise so they carry it on later in life.

I fail to see how this is hard to understand.

Well, they failed me in that respect. I used to fake sick so I didn't have to do P.E., then I'd sit behind the sports shed with my friend and listen to music. Needless to say, I dropped the subject last year.
Quote by breadstick
This thread is retarded.

Quote by Eddie4President
You don't know me.

ts is obviously a fatty
Quote by Sir-Shoelace
manliest string guage? barbed wire.

Founder Of the UG Slide Player's Guild, PM me If You're Really Feelin' Dem Blues

THE PIT
"better than your average psychiatrist"
Quote by Mister.Y

But in the event of drowning Pythagoras' Theorem can be used as a floatation device!
because school isn't only for academic progress.

it's an important part of your social and physical development.
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
Quote by shredmeiser101
ts is obviously a fatty

I'm not actually, I play football and basketball.

Also, I didn't say I didn't want to take P.E. or swimming class.
I enjoy both.

Quote by Eddie4President
You don't know me.

Swimming was a bit of a nightmare when I had to do it in primary school, heck even in first year at secondary school. I had a bit of a fear of water so I always dreaded it, & it was embarrassing not being able to swim properly!

I can swim fine now, though it tires me out a lot, and I'm not fat
Because it turns out that when you've fallen into a lake, it's not that comforting to die knowing you're able to do long division...

Also, you missed out all the arts subjects and most of the humanities?
I play by my own rules. And I have one rule; There are no rules... but if there are, they're there to be broken. Even this one.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman
Sigs are wastes of my precious screen space.

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
Page 1 of 2