Hi, I'm 15 and have a had a couple of crap starter guitars but my first pretty good guitar was my Epiphone ES 335 dot. In the future I would love to have a Gibson ES 335 dot fat neck but, being 15 that is way too expensive for me. Can someone suggest a guitar similar in sound to it but for up to £1000. I want a classic rock tone, like Malcolm Young's in the 70s. All suggestions welcome, even really obscure brands.
Oh and my amp is a Marshall Valvestate S80.
Malcolm Young used Gretsch guitars. Have a look at their Electromatic range.
http://sheepshape.co.uk

Gretsch White Falcon

Fender Volume-Tone
TC Electronic Polytune
Digitech Whammy
Vox V847-A
Ibanez TS9
Menatone Red Snapper
Marshall EH1
Boss DD7
Boss CE5
GLX NG100
EHX Cathedral
Vox AC15CC1
George L's
EBow
why don't you get a guitar that your fav bands owns? considering you like the style they play
The Iceman
gibson sg/les paul gives a really classic rock tone - especially through a marshall amp.

how did a 15 yr old get £1000 to spend on an guitar?!!?
The only 6 words that can make you a better guitarist:

Learn theory
Practice better
Practice more
^ So he can find his own tone. EDIT: that was to horandago

Gretcch are very good aswell.
Last edited by CrimsonBizzare at Jul 12, 2009,
Horandago, I love AC/DC, but I'm nnot gonna get anywhere completely copying their stlye all together, I want my music to sound influenced by them but not a copy.
Perhaps you should consider a new amp if you've got that much money to throw around.
Basses:
Fender Precision Bass
Fender Jazz Bass
1967 Fender Coronado Bass II
Warwick Star Bass
Squier Precision Bass TB
how bout this
you want a dot style and sound and at the quality of gibson for under a grand
i have the perfect guitar for you

http://www.richtonemusic.co.uk/guitars-1/electric-guitars-2/tokai-es130-electric-guitar-cherry-603.html?zenid=5d16ab2a3aaef0973da625b69f0ebd55
yes i know its just a pound under your budget
soo it is wxpensive but its as good if not better then alot of gibsons these days
GEAR
94 Fender Stratocaster Plus
02 Gibson Les Paul Special (modded)
Orange AD-30 Combo

The SG Thread pwns your thread.
Quote by consecutive e
Perhaps you should consider a new amp if you've got that much money to throw around.

Yup. You want to get a Marshal Plexi sound or something like that, and the guitar you've got now will be able to do AC/DC fine; I mean, even Angus has used one (on like one occasion though )
Cam Sampbell's my hero
Quote by Lil Macker
Yup. You want to get a Marshal Plexi sound or something like that, and the guitar you've got now will be able to do AC/DC fine; I mean, even Angus has used one (on like one occasion though )

While jamming with the Rolling Stones IIRC
Basses:
Fender Precision Bass
Fender Jazz Bass
1967 Fender Coronado Bass II
Warwick Star Bass
Squier Precision Bass TB
strings go a long way to
Malcolm young used .012-.058 gauge strings, it will make the sound thicker.( and its a lot cheaper than a new guitar :p)