So I got 1 week of school holidays left and I wanna do something fun. I thought of going down to my local hardware shop (around the corner) grabbing a scrap bit of pine, putting my squier trem, squier bridge single coil, 1 volume, 1 tone and a neck pocket on it and moving everything from my squier onto that just for the lulz.

The only things I am not sure about is the routing, I don't have any power tools apart from a dril with normal sized drill bits so I would just drill lots and lots of holes to route then sand it off. The actual "body" I would sand into shape so it is just a rectangle.

I was told some time that ****ing up the scale length like I would with this would make it sound really weird. Is that true?

Would it even be worth doing or would it be a waste of time? I don't care if it sounds and plays like crap I just wanna do it for the sake of doing it.

Paint mockup coming soon
My Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Peavey Vypyr 30
DW Collector's 3 pc drums
Mapex Black panther snare
Sabian AAX/Zildjian K cymbals.
Last edited by random_B-RAD at Jul 12, 2009,
Quote by stephen_rettie
building a guitar is not easy if you are not skilled in any way.

Just thought of something like that >.>. How am I going to make a neck pocket with no router? Maybe I should just cut up my squier body. Thne glue pieces together.

anyway. Paint mockup is here.

My Gear:
Peavey Vypyr 30
That is why most people use something called a hand to hold it.
My Gear:
Peavey Vypyr 30
Dude, you are gonna either defret it or have the wood at a great enough length for proper fret placement or it'll sound all wonky, and not in a good way.
R.I.P. Les Paul, 1915-2009
Quote by Shinozoku
You have a walnut stop sign banjo-tar signed by MAB

˙ןooɔ sı uosɐǝɹ ןɐǝɹ ou ɥʇıʍ ƃıs ɹnoʎ uı ʇxǝʇ uʍop ǝpısdn ƃuıʇʇnd
Quote by Scowmoo
You deserve an Awesome Award for Awesome People.
Seriously.

Stop Sign Guitar? HELL YES!
you might want to rout out a spring cavity in the back? i mean, you won't have any tuning stability unless you have some springs or a hardtail bridge.

drillpress? maybe you can go borrow someone's?
Quote by random_B-RAD
That is why most people use something called a hand to hold it.

First of all, balance and feel are a big factor in what guitar suits different people. Some people like the guitar to 'fight back' by having it neck heavy, others like it to be pulling down.

Second of all cutting up the squier would be no use as the control cavity routing would be exposed on the side.
There is absolutely no point in cutting up the squier so dont do it.

If you are going to go through all the trouble of routing the plank for a trem springs, pickups and controls and neck pocket, you may aswell make a real shape instead of the crap design you have there.

Finally, dont be a dick to people who are helping you, it makes you look like a moron.
Last edited by TheSecondRaid at Jul 12, 2009,
Quote by TheSecondRaid
First of all, balance and feel are a big factor in what guitar suits different people. Some people like the guitar to 'fight back' by having it neck heavy, others like it to be pulling down.

Second of all cutting up the squier would be no use as the control cavity routing would be exposed on the side.
There is absolutely no point in cutting up the squier so dont do it.

If you are going to go through all the trouble of routing the plank for a trem springs, pickups and controls and neck pocket, you may aswell make a real shape instead of the crap design you have there.

Finally, dont be a dick to people who are helping you, it makes you look like a moron.

Agreed. What would the point be of cutting it up? It looks retarded as well.