What model strat is this, please anyone?

bloke wants £500 for it, is it worth that?

cheers.
It looks like an American Standard. I have no idea what the used market is like in the UK so I cannot tell you if it is a good deal or not.
i'm not in contact with him atm, just his mate who i could of asked but i thought i might get a quicker response on here.
thanks Vlasco
Check the serial number, you can cross reference it on the fender website.

It looks like usa standard, colour if horrid, but its deffinately a modern guitar cus of the hardware on it.

if its usa standard and the electrics work and sound OK then its worth 500
I just shat bricks upon entering this thread. My Strat is a mexi in EXACTLY the same colour. I've never seen another like it.

Quote by 2Funky4U
colour is horrid

it grows on you...

but yes, looks to be a more modern am. stand. (new bridge saddle design) 3 ply pickguard, more pickguard screw holes, etc

£500's a pretty good deal for it, the newer americans are pushing close to a grand now i think. Looks to be in very good nick, but go check it out to make sure. The clolour is real nice i.m.o, looks good with the 3ply pickguard, very individual.
Last edited by Matt-92 at Jul 12, 2009,
Quote by Matt-92

but yes, looks to be a more modern am. stand. (new bridge saddle design) 3 ply pickguard, more pickguard screw holes, etc

£500's a pretty good deal for it, the newer americans are pushing close to a grand now i think. Looks to be in very good nick, but go check it out to make sure. The clolour is real nice i.m.o, looks good with the 3ply pickguard, very individual.

It looks like it's from before 2008 though, because of the bridge; they have the more vintage saddles on the new ones.
Cam Sampbell's my hero
The serial number will tell you what it is for sure, but it looks to be an American Standard.
Feel free to call me Kyle.

Quote by ibz_bucket
Just so you know, I read everything you type in a Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs voice.

Quote by tubetime86
I mean in Kyle's case, it is in the best interest of mankind that he impregnate anything that looks at him funny...
Quote by Lil Macker
It looks like it's from before 2008 though, because of the bridge; they have the more vintage saddles on the new ones.

I meant like go for it, because an american strat is an american strat, so he can get this, which looks in good nick for £500 it's better than buying a new one for twice the price. I'm pretty sure they're still using those saddles on all the new americans.
Quote by Matt-92
I meant like go for it, because an american strat is an american strat, so he can get this, which looks in good nick for £500 it's better than buying a new one for twice the price. I'm pretty sure they're still using those saddles on all the new americans.

(Invalid img)

Nope, they've gone back to the vintage ones

(Pardon the huge pic)

EDIT: Yup, you should still go for it though. If you don't like the colour, it's not gonna be that hard to sand the finish off and refinish it yourself in a nice colour.
Cam Sampbell's my hero
Last edited by Lil Macker at Jul 12, 2009,