I dont get the massive price differences between these:

The EC401, 401-FM, EC1000 and Eclipse 2 all have basically the same specs.

I get that Eclipse 2 is massively higher in price than the rest cos its better made in Japan or somewhere, but the EC401, why are you paying like £100 for a thin layer of Flamed Maple. And similarly, you just get some shiny binding on the EC1000, why the massive prce difference.

Are the ECs good guitars to buy as well, i'm thinking of a 401 as my next gutiar.

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
Well I have one and it makes me happy =)
Gear:
Agile 2000 2ts
ESP LTD Eclipse 1000, ASB
Amps:
Crate GTD65
Peavey Vypyr Tube 60
The Esp's are made of a higher quality wood, and better craftmanship than the LTD's. Which adds to the price increase.

The ltd's are good though, don't get me wrong. I just prefer my Esp at the end of the day.
Main Gear
Gibson Les Paul Custom Alpine White
Esp Eclipse-I CTM DPS w/18v Mod
PRS Custom 24 Angry Larry
Mesa Mark V
Mesa Rectifier 4x12

Bands FB Page
Quote by EndTheRapture51
I dont get the massive price differences between these:

The EC401, 401-FM, EC1000 and Eclipse 2 all have basically the same specs.

I get that Eclipse 2 is massively higher in price than the rest cos its better made in Japan or somewhere, but the EC401, why are you paying like £100 for a thin layer of Flamed Maple. And similarly, you just get some shiny binding on the EC1000, why the massive prce difference.

Are the ECs good guitars to buy as well, i'm thinking of a 401 as my next gutiar.

Yes, you are. The standard LTD's don't really differ much from the deluxe ones, both being made under the same roof if I'm not mistaken. While the ESP's are made in a completely different factory and have a superior quality / construction.
Quote by Demonazzz
I prefer barbed wire strings. I find I can get the most br00t41 tonez with it.
EC-400 line is quite good. And you're quite right. The EC Deluxe is pretty much the same as the Standard series. You just get some fancy cosmetic changes and MAYBE a bit higher QC on their part.
G͔͓̅e͎͉̟̽ͬ͐̎̃͐ͨͅå͈͖͕̹̤̟̐̏͋ͅr̩͕̫̰̗s̹̳̼ͥ̒̍̄̅ͥ̚:

ESP Standard Eclipse I CTM VW
ESP LTD Deluxe H-1001
ESP LTD Deluxe Viper-1000 STBC
ESP Edwards E-EX-100STD
Warmoth Paulcaster "Tiger"
Tanglewood TW170 AS
Vox Tonelab ST
Blackstar HT-1R

So basically its fine to stick with the 401, and the FM and EC1000s arent worth it except for the finishes?

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
Pretty much, unless you really want that abalone binding.
Quote by Demonazzz
I prefer barbed wire strings. I find I can get the most br00t41 tonez with it.
^ I know I got too fed up of the abalones on the EC-1000. As if the bindings around the body and neck were enough. The flag abalone inlay went overboard for me. Sold it only a month after.

ESP LTD Deluxe H-1001
ESP Edwards E-EX-100STD
Tanglewood TW170 AS
Vox Tonelab ST
Blackstar HT-1R

Quote by hminh87
^ I know I got too fed up of the abalones on the EC-1000. As if the bindings around the body and neck were enough. The flag abalone inlay went overboard for me. Sold it only a month after.

Now you have an h-1001 with the same amount of binding just different inlays
Quote by metalcorefan
Now you have an h-1001 with the same amount of binding just different inlays

I was complaining about the flag abalone inlay on the EC Deluxe. They are HUGE...
The abalone on the Horizon style are exactly right as I wanted them to be. The inlays are almost not noticeable.

ESP LTD Deluxe H-1001
ESP Edwards E-EX-100STD
Tanglewood TW170 AS
Vox Tonelab ST
Blackstar HT-1R

Quote by Adrian89
So much abalone is a little bit gay... sorry. So i get the 401

Lol how is a guitar feature gay? Does having abalone on a guitar make you want to have sex with the same sex? but 401's are pretty badass I'm getting a mh-401NT in a week then I might save for a ec-1000
Lol how is a guitar feature gay? Does having abalone on a guitar make you want to have sex with the same sex? but 401's are pretty badass I'm getting a mh-401NT in a week then I might save for a ec-1000

Okay.... to much Abalone is a little bit..... uhm... happy happy party-goer
TH3 G3Ar
- JCM 900 SL-X and SV MKII 100HD with LIne 6 sv412
-Bunch of pedals ( WD,BM,NR-2...)
-Ibanez Universe uv777pbk,Rg 2550&321mh
-http://backtorlyeh.bandcamp.com/
Or you could use a phrase that actually makes sense and say it's obnoxious and unnecessary.

Maybe, who knows?
TH3 G3Ar
- JCM 900 SL-X and SV MKII 100HD with LIne 6 sv412
-Bunch of pedals ( WD,BM,NR-2...)
-Ibanez Universe uv777pbk,Rg 2550&321mh
-http://backtorlyeh.bandcamp.com/
Quote by Pac_man0123
Or you could use a phrase that actually makes sense and say it's obnoxious and unnecessary.

aka it looks ****. though i've got a massive hard on for the ltd ec-256 ****ing vintage black w/ chrome emgs =
Wasnt the 401 used to be called EC 500?
Guitars
- Schecter Tempest
- Epi LP Custom
- Ovation Acoustic
- BC Rich Dagger
Quote by suprfly

Amps & Effects
- B-52 AT-100
- Girlfriend (doubles as a Tube Screamer)
- Steve Vai Bad horsie 2

Quote by MightyAl
This strength is built and maintained by masturbation.
My Ltd was the first guitar I bought. I still play it all the time. I've tried out a couple of Epi Les Pauls and to be honest I don't think they compare. I'll probably stick with Japanese guitars for the long haul.
Guitars:
Fender Standard Stratocaster (1996, vintage white)
ESP Ltd EC-50 (2006, black)
Quote by Down Shifter
Wasnt the 401 used to be called EC 500?

negging the ec 500 was based off the ltd 2005 model with a few features including string thru and a custom inlay