Jazz
3 1%
Metal
32 13%
Other
52 21%
Voters: 250.
Page 1 of 4
You know how different types of music come from different areas. Like Chicago's known for blues and jazz, Seattle had the grunge thing going for them and ect.

So what music is popular in your area?

Where I live it's rap or country, mostly country

go *oh yeah be specific because the poll can only offer so much*
#25 for top 100 UGer of 2009
UG's 2nd Funniest UGer and 3rd most likely to be a Serial Killer of 2009, 2nd of 2011
Last edited by reb_49 at Jul 12, 2009,
Our Jazz scene's quite okay.

AND a lot of hardcore techno here.
Current gear:
Carvin CT6M
TC Electronics Dark Matter distortion
Harley Benton 2x12, with Celestion V30s
Laney Ironheart 60w tube amp
Last edited by LordPino at Jul 12, 2009,
Hardcore.
funkyducky

Icing happen when de puck come down, BANG, you know,
before de oder guys, nobody dere, you know.
My arm go comme ça, den de game stop den start up.

Quote by daytripper75
Get To Da Choppa!
I live in Andalucia in Spain. So flamenco is pretty much what you're most likely to hear. There's some pretty sick jazz bands around though, you just have to look around.
soulja boy, lil weezy, t pain, etc,
i dont like giving it a genre, its not rap, hip hop, and i dont like to think of it as pop

i hate my community
Quote by reb_49
Like Chicago's known for blues and jazz.

Well, there goes my post.
Kiss with a fist, lovely heterosexuals.
Im from montreal and as far as i know our 'Internation Jazz Festival' with Stevie Wonder and all those stars pretty much leads us to being a jazzy city :P
BUT PERSONALLY i like metal
rap. its sad i think im the only teenager in cny that understands what metal is.
Quote by fearofthemark
A wild asshole appeared!

fearofthemark used GTFO

the june 09'er fled!

Rip Heavens Gate
Other than the standard Rap/Pop/Metalcore/etc. stuff there are a few somewhat decent Ska bands, or at least there used to be. My town isn't necessarily known for it's outstanding taste in music -- or really anything anymore.
"We are not concerned with motive, with higher ethics. We are concerned only with cutting down crime-."
I live in Saint John, New Brunswick, Canada...where Stompin' Tom is from...but there's actually a LOT of hardcore/screamo bands around now.
I'm not here to inspire you. I'm here to make your own life seem slightly less sad by comparison.
Quote by Spaz0ut
soulja boy, lil weezy, t pain, etc,
i dont like giving it a genre, its not rap, hip hop, and i dont like to think of it as pop

i hate my community

This, and other crappy rap and pop bs.

I can literally go anywhere and listen to Led Zeppelin, Metallica, Muse, Dream Theater, (insert any non-pop band here) and get stared at like I'm a freak.

It was the only task I would undertake...

I P R O G
...to reap the harvest that was mine

- [ P R O G - H E A D ? ] -
rap and hip hop, and that ****ty bubblegum rock like miley cyrus and the jonas ***s.
ಠ_ಠ
- Yes, My name is actually Terran -
- Not just a Starcraft fan -

Terran > Zerg and Protoss
my friends are into indie and hippie things. the majority of people like the rap on the charts and pop on the charts
Quote by ultimatedaver
We're just trying to help man, cause it doesn't seem like you can get any pizza.
i live in west palm beach florida so rap is popular here
╔══╗╔══╦╗╔══╦╗═╬╔╦═╦══╗
║═╬╠╩╗╔╬╣║╔═╣╚╦═╬╣╚╬╗╔╝
║╔╗║║║║║║║╚═╣║║╔╣╠╗║║║║
╚╝╚╩╩╩╝╚╝╚══╩╩╩╝╚╩═╝╚╝╬
surprisingly half of my school are metalheads.......
the other half are country and bluegrass but...still

HALF METAL!!!!!!!!!
Quote by Valid12891
I wish I had an extra sensitive third nipple, and a girl who was into that sort of thing.

Quote by _Ixnay_
In Russia, Winter Cold + Vodka + Big-Chested Women = No problem.

Book of shadows 2?
O_o
rap and hip hop. but as for local bands, rock and indie. check out beast from sea. thats a pretty good example of our music scene. theyre on itunes.
Around here it's pretty much Pop and other "party" genres like techno, trance, rnb etc. At least the Metal community ain't bad...
Quote by Seryaph
Great.

You just single-handedly caused an entire future generation of people to be flushed down the toilet.

Good job, TS.
Quote by blackoctober119
I live in Saint John, New Brunswick, Canada...where Stompin' Tom is from...but there's actually a LOT of hardcore/screamo bands around now.

moncton is better
Quote by Valid12891
I wish I had an extra sensitive third nipple, and a girl who was into that sort of thing.

Quote by _Ixnay_
In Russia, Winter Cold + Vodka + Big-Chested Women = No problem.

Book of shadows 2?
O_o
No music. actually pretty much my school is against music. unless its marching band. but **** that.
LTD KH-602
Schecter Hellraiser C-8
Bugera 333X
Pedalboard:
Boss TU-2, HM-2
EHX Big Muff Pi w/ Tone Wicker
Crybaby From Hell
Way Huge Swollen Pickel
DeviEver: Legend of Fuzz
MXR Phase 90 Script, Carbon Copy, MC-401
Quote by Jenneh.
Well, there goes my post.

That's because I visit that city so many times my dear, how can I not know
UG's 2nd Funniest UGer and 3rd most likely to be a Serial Killer of 2009, 2nd of 2011
I get the feeling that some of you people don't go out.

We have a pretty big hardcore/deathcore scene here, and a growing indie scene.
Quote by LPDave
and my mom then told me to masturbate more.

Quote by Toastbot

Big burly men grunting without shirts on pretty much summed up my childhood.

Quote by The Leader
Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do more look like?
I live where Scouting For Girls live.
My brothers bass teacher's band used to have them as a support band (Scouting For Girls supported them)

Scouting For Girls are not to my taste, at all, by the way.
I live in SE Georgia Its all bunch of rap and country I'm one of like 5 other kids my age that listen to metal C.C.4LIFE lol
I don't read, I look at words and absorb their meanings.
If the pit was a group of people hangin out we would be possibly the most awsome group of people to be known to mankind.........I think it would be on the news
Quote by shut_up_n00b

I go out plenty. There are literally no local bands (as in, no bands from this city) except for a few rappers and "hip hop artists". I have to go out of town to find a decent "local" band. Even then, half the crap is indie, and I don't know what the hell is up with that genre.

It was the only task I would undertake...

I P R O G
...to reap the harvest that was mine

- [ P R O G - H E A D ? ] -
Quote by shut_up_n00b

In Laredo, seriously...I've been to Laredo and I know the hardcore/deathcore thing is big, but as far as the indie I don't think I've seen any around. But then again the last time I was there was like last June so
House / Pop / Charts

:/
Quote by frankv
Tokio Hotel is probably the worst thing Germany has produced since WW2.

South Wales = Indie and Screamo.

That's it. Indie and Screamo. Fucking shit.

Oh, and this MC grime thing. I'm not too knowledgable on, as you can see. But people that hang around shops give themselves names like "MC Madman". Then walk around with about 10 mates and shout **** like "Y-YEAH! IT'S MC MADMAN ERE, BRAP!". And even though we're all welsh, they put on a fake London accent. Tis the gangsta life!
Last edited by Kyle.E at Jul 12, 2009,
Page 1 of 4