I hope this isn't considered spam. It's related to the topic, and I think the users of this site will get some use out of it. I created a free site to let guitar players create licks and embed them in the content of a post. It's called .

Here's an example of what you can do with it - it's a three note per string pattern in G:

Last edited by SColfax at Jul 12, 2009,
Quote by Tempoe
Cool idea, might be a bit of a conflict with UG though.

The licks are only 32 notes "wide" so nobody's going to share a song with it, just short licks, chords, and scale bits.

You could always post ASCII tab here, this just makes it quicker to enter and nicer to view. I think it generally makes this forum more useful, which is something I hope everyone will like.
i kinda like it
Quote by soXlittleXtimeX
^
shanchett, you get an E for Effort

Quote by CodChick

ROFLLOBSTER
Not a bad idea. You could make it look a little nicer though, maybe add a possibilty to choose the length of the notes as well.
C4C
Please check out some of my original music and leave me a comment @ SoundCloud
(or in my profile!)

Progressive|Thrash|Math|Metal
Quote by BlisteringDDj
Not a bad idea. You could make it look a little nicer though, maybe add a possibilty to choose the length of the notes as well.

Thanks, I'm looking for this kind of feedback. How would that look in ASCII tab right now?
Quote by SColfax
Thanks, I'm looking for this kind of feedback. How would that look in ASCII tab right now?

The standard way of adding length to notes is (written over the notes and tab):

Duration Legend
---------------
W - whole
H - half
Q - quarter
E - 8th
S - 16th
T - 32nd
X - 64th
. - note dotted
|-n-| - n-tuplets

Check out some of my tabs for an example on this.

And it should also be possible to change tunings, and maybe add tempo as well.
C4C
Please check out some of my original music and leave me a comment @ SoundCloud
(or in my profile!)

Progressive|Thrash|Math|Metal
Last edited by BlisteringDDj at Jul 12, 2009,
Quote by BlisteringDDj
The standard way of adding length to notes is:

Duration Legend
---------------
W - whole
H - half
Q - quarter
E - 8th
S - 16th
T - 32nd
X - 64th
. - note dotted
|-n-| - n-tuplets

And it should also be possible to change tunings, and maybe add tempo as well.

Thanks for the feedback! Hmm, I always thought "X" represented a string mute, and "T" represented a tap. Where would you put the duration symbol? Above a note, or after, like "12(Q)"?

Edit: I checked out your tabs and see it now. Thanks again!
good idea, my $.02 make it appear smaller on the forum. that would look nicer and more neat.
Quote by travs2448
is the puppy solid state or tube?

Quote by diceksox1809
solid state. when she screams it pisses me off

^

Quote by GrizzlyFnAdams6
Dimebag had s*** tone and that guitar plays like an abortion. Come at me, bro!

Quote by jpatan
It's because Garth Brooks brings the ****in' br00tz.
Quote by travs2448
good idea, my $.02 make it appear smaller on the forum. that would look nicer and more neat.

Good idea, I'll put that on my list of things to work on. Right now I'm working on making it easier to create licks with less clicking involved. I'm going to bump up the lick size and add alternate tunings to.
The "Advanced" editor is up on http://tinylick.com . It's not really advanced, but it's labeled that way to keep the main interface simple for people who are intimidated by lots of buttons.

Anyway, click on the Advanced button and creating licks will be a lot quicker now.
This week I added the ability to tag a lick with a Key, Category, and Genre. Also added this page for the Latest Licks: http://tinylick.com/latestlicks.aspx

It shows the last 25 licks entered that have a tag.
Last edited by SColfax at Jul 26, 2009,
Quote by SColfax
I hope this isn't considered spam. It's related to the topic, and I think the users of this site will get some use out of it. I created a free site to let guitar players create licks and embed them in the content of a post. It's called .

Here's an example of what you can do with it - it's a three note per string pattern in G:

This is the greatest thing since bread came sliced, seriously man. I was fiddling around and even a 5 year old can work with it. Chapeau.
Quote by deHufter
This is the greatest thing since bread came sliced, seriously man. I was fiddling around and even a 5 year old can work with it. Chapeau.

I read that as: I was fiddling around with a five year old and can even work it

I spend WAY too much time in the pit
Your mother likes it ruff, Trebeck.
Quote by you = fail
I read that as: I was fiddling around with a five year old and can even work it

I spend WAY too much time in the pit

I'm drawing one winner from the first 25 people to post a lick on Twitter using . Pretty good odds! Make sure you tag the post with #TinyLick.

I'm giving away a 3-pack of D'Addario electric guitar strings, whichever gauge you prefer.