Is Roland Micro Cube a good amp for the price (140$) (86£ (100&euro?
Is it enough to be heard in a bedroom full of people talking?
I only want an amp to play at home. I won't gig with it.
Should I buy it?
LIGHTNING
Last edited by | Lightning | at Jul 12, 2009,
Quote by timi_hendrix
It's deceptively loud, but it sounds pants.

What the heck does that mean?
Quote by rebelmidget
I do believe you just used Blink 182 and hard rock in the same sentence. It would seem you're rather confused.
I have a quote in my signature! And it makes fun of blink-182! I'm cool now!

[Obligatory link to my band's MySpace]
It's a great amp but if your planning to get one of those guitars in your sig it is in no way gonna do it justice.
My Gear:
Jackson DK2M
PRS Paul Allender Sig
Epiphone SG Special
Fender Blues Jr.
Roland Micro Cube
Quote by stykerwolf
It's a great amp, its perfect for home use. Your bedroom has people talking in it?

TS, yes, its a very good amp for bedroom use. And easily loud enough to be heard over people talking.
Greco 59-50 Mint Collection - 1982 - Iron Gear Hot Slag/Rolling Mill
Schecter Tempest Classic Goldtop
Ceriatone 18 Watt TMB/EF86 2x12 - Lorantz Greenback's
MI Audio Blues Pro Overdrive

Quote by Danyg
^ this guy defines the term "being right".
I think they're really sweet. The fact that it can be battery powered makes it perfect for carrying over to your friends house or to a party or something. The battery life is pretty respectable too imo. The sound is better than anything else you're going to find in an amp that small. I love them.

BTW: I had borrowed my friends for over a year so I know what they're like in the long run. If you're looking for a practice amp, it's the way to go.
Last edited by Noxkid457 at Jul 12, 2009,
Quote by gstacey1
It's a great amp but if your planning to get one of those guitars in your sig it is in no way gonna do it justice.

You see, to get a Fender Highway 1 Strat or a Gibson LP Studio, the amp MUST be cheap and that's why I was thinking about buying the Roland Micro Cube
LIGHTNING
Quote by stykerwolf
It's a great amp, its perfect for home use. Your bedroom has people talking in it?

Right now no one is talking in here
But I wanted to know if the amp was loud enough to be heard in a party
LIGHTNING
Quote by timi_hendrix
It sounds shit.

as opposed to what other solid state practice amp? They all sound pretty similar, regardless of what brand is on the front
Quote by pak1351
as opposed to what other solid state practice amp? They all sound pretty similar, regardless of what brand is on the front

I'm using my "Disagree" card on this one.

I own a micro cube and I want to throw it off a tall building.
A dwarf might hear you. What then?

My Music
Quote by timi_hendrix
I'm using my "Disagree" card on this one.

I own a micro cube and I want to throw it off a tall building.

I'm not disagreeing about the tone, just curious as to what you'd prefer in the same range
Sorry, but from my experience the Micro Cube is a very poor amp, (sounds ****e) and it is very quiet. However I'd recommend getting a Roland 15x, its cheaper, sounds better (IMO), and is much louder, it would be sufficient for the volume you need, and its small enough to be easily portable, though it can't run on batteries, but that shouldn't be of too much concern.