so i have a kustom quad dfx65 and i love it to death and i plan on buying a cabinet to make it a half stack soon but im looking for a good pedal were i can make it screaming metal or soft blues.

so suggest away.
Digitech Screaming Blues Distortion
My Gig Rig...

Fender Straocaster or Gibson Les Paul Slash Special -->Lovepedal Amp 50 --> Boss DD-3 --> Crybaby(soon to be Wh10 reissue) --> Big Muff PI --> Boss DS-2 --> Marshall JCM 900
Quote by ChiliFan01
Digitech Screaming Blues Distortion

do you think it will give me the heavy and the deep sounds along with good blues tones?
Quote by Zdalejohnson
do you think it will give me the heavy and the deep sounds along with good blues tones?

Well, you could check out the name of it again :P
Quote by artofshred
Well, you could check out the name of it again :P

haha yes.
but.

i want a good pedal and im willing to spend 300-400 dollars im sure theres a better pedal right?
Unless you look into boutique pedals, which won't be that different, no. Any digitech or boss blues pedal will do fine.
breaking hearts
&
breaking guitars
Quote by Kevy Absolution
Unless you look into boutique pedals, which won't be that different, no. Any digitech or boss blues pedal will do fine.

Yea, but with a price range that high you could get a tube pedal.
Best pedal I would recommend for you is an Xotic BB Preamp, or maybe the newer BB Plus models. Some of the best distortion I've ever heard. I don't know how it could handle "screaming metal" though. What do you mean by screaming metal? Like death metal? Or just a really high gain solo tone?
Last edited by artofshred at Jul 12, 2009,
when i say screaming metal i mean like fast picking and deep heavy chugging and what not.

and the pedal looks so good so far.
Quote by Zdalejohnson
when i say screaming metal i mean like fast picking and deep heavy chugging and what not.

and the pedal looks so good so far.

Which pedal? You mean the Xotic?
I would also recommend an Ibanez Tube King.
That should give you bluesy tone and scream at the same time.
the bb i dont see how it gets heavy sounds.
then again im only like 2 minute sin the video
Quote by artofshred
Which pedal? You mean the Xotic?
I would also recommend an Ibanez Tube King.
That should give you bluesy tone and scream at the same time.

so far i reallly reallly like the ibanez.
its heavy.
Quote by Zdalejohnson
so far i reallly reallly like the ibanez.
its heavy.

Yea, you'd probably like the Ibanez way more. Seems more suitable for your needs.
Quote by Zdalejohnson
what about a boss gt-8 or like a KORG AX3000G

Well, those are multi-effects pedals. They can pretty much do anything, but they don't necessarily sound all too good. If you want better sound then you should stick with just the distortion pedal. Unless you get something like a VOX Tonelab or a ZOOM G7 or G9. They are multi-effects pedals with tubes in them.