I was wondering if I could connect my future amp to my speakers so I could get a louder sound? If it is possible, does the sound quality decrease?

LIGHTNING
Last edited by | Lightning | at Jul 12, 2009,
My guess is those speakers will be some hifi speakers I'd not play my guitar over. They may be excellent for radio or cd's but I don't think they'd sound as good as your amp's or cab's speaker(s)
yes you can do this but what are the speakers connected to? if they are connected to a receiver/stereo than all you have to do in plug the line out/headphone jack on the amp into the receiver using a 1/4 inch to stereo cable
The question is, are the speakers louder than the amp? If yes, connect the headphone out to the speakers. If there's a line out even better, you'll get the sound of the amp and the speakers together.

Unless you distort the speakers it shouldn't end up sounding bad, however I can't understand why you bought a combo if you weren't going to use the speakers in it... There's plenty of amp modellers around y'now...
Quote by Union Of V
The question is, are the speakers louder than the amp? If yes, connect the headphone out to the speakers. If there's a line out even better, you'll get the sound of the amp and the speakers together.

Unless you distort the speakers it shouldn't end up sounding bad, however I can't understand why you bought a combo if you weren't going to use the speakers in it... There's plenty of amp modellers around y'now...

The speaker are louder than the amp that I'm going to buy. I need the amp because of destortion and other effects. Since the amp isn't very loud, I wanted to connect it to my speakers.
LIGHTNING
Quote by | Lightning |
The speaker are louder than the amp that I'm going to buy. I need the amp because of destortion and other effects. Since the amp isn't very loud, I wanted to connect it to my speakers.

OK, the headphone out may be the best solution if you literally want to use that amp through those speakers.