Hello and welcome to my thread my brother wants to learn the guitar but he only has £100.He wants a strat or les paul model but recommend any other guitar. he only wants the basic stuff strap,lead,guitar and amp.he does have a classical but is looking for a electric cos he wants to learn more riffs. he knows a few riffs such as smoke on the water and sunshine of your love. p.s hes only 9 years old. he could maybe save up a bit to go to £140.
Last edited by the dot man at Jul 12, 2009,
Take him to a guitar shop and tell them that you only have £100. They'll probably look into his big baby eyes and give you a good starter package.
Good + £100 = impossible. Can't imagine anything other than a starter kit selling for that price.
your parents cant give him some financial boost
Quote by travs2448
is the puppy solid state or tube?

Quote by diceksox1809
solid state. when she screams it pisses me off

^

Quote by GrizzlyFnAdams6
Dimebag had s*** tone and that guitar plays like an abortion. Come at me, bro!

Quote by jpatan
It's because Garth Brooks brings the ****in' br00tz.
Quote by Union Of V
Good + £100 = impossible. Can't imagine anything other than a starter kit selling for that price.

Good = subjective.

A 9-year-old won't know how good a '59 Les Paul is compared to a Squier Strat until he's played both. A kid can still be inspired by a starter kit.
Quote by blue_strat
Good = subjective.

A 9-year-old won't know how good a '59 Les Paul is compared to a Squier Strat until he's played both. A kid can still be inspired by a starter kit.

True
Your brother... riiiiiight....

But seriously? I'd spend at LEAST £100 on the guitar alone. I was in the same position once and posted a thread just like this and told UG'ers that said what I'm saying now to F off. I regret doing that because they were right.

You could probably find a half decent starter package for £150-£200.