Hey guys,

Well i just absolutly hate carrying around my pedals and cords around and getting all the setting screwed up and wires tangled. so i saif F*%^ it, ill just get a pedal board. problem is i never had one and dont know what to look for when buying one. i have seen fancy ones for $400 and just velcro oned for $60. Any input would be appriciated, i need to order it by tonight.
Thanks,
Joe Cerillo

this was the first thing that popped up

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Musicians-Gear-Powered-Pedalboard-and-Gig-Bag-158336-i1387238.gc

Musicians Gear Powered Pedalboard and Gig Bag Features:
■Holds up to 6 pedals
■Built-in power strip
■Removable pedalboard
■Hook-and-loop attachment
■AC adapter
■Power cords
■9-volt only pedal adapter
■LED power indicator
■Shoulder strap
■Zippered storage pocket

but it seemed a little cheap for my expensive pedals

but the lineup is Wah-Compressor-tube screamer-soul vibe-delay-suppressor. im only telling you this cause ive seen some with cutouts.

any suggestions are greatly appriciated. also whats the deal with the $400 pedal boards??
Joe Cerillo

Gear:
Gibson Les Paul : vintage cherry
Martin D-12
MArtin DC-28
Peavey JSX

"IT puts the lotion on its skin"
Last edited by joecerillo at Jul 12, 2009,
i did , it looks like an abortion.
Joe Cerillo

Gear:
Gibson Les Paul : vintage cherry
Martin D-12
MArtin DC-28
Peavey JSX

"IT puts the lotion on its skin"
If you don't want to/can't build one (like me, DIY isn't my thing) than go ahead and get that one.

I did, I found it new on ebay before they were on GC for like 50 bucks.

It's dam good for the price I think, it just doesn't have any features, plus I drilled some screws into the metalplate to keep it in, and put some wood on the back to make it tilted just a hair.

If you know how to set up your pedals correctly and are careful with it, it's awesome.
Quote by progbass
right Metallica is a given. Personally I like to pretend the bus exploded and killed them all in '86.

GUITAR PEDALS FOR SALE
You could go for a Pedaltrain with the soft case on the cheap or a Trailer Trash for something more expensive. Either way, get a Voodoo Labs PedalPower2. I built my pedalboard though. I personally don't give a **** about how it looks and if you want it to look better it's not that hard.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
If you really don't want to build your own (which is normally the best option) you can find some pretty inexpensive ones at www.rondomusic.com. They're not bad for the price, but they won't stand up to real ATA cases obviously.

If there's and IKEA near you thier GORM shelving is more or less a pre-made pedalboard. There's a thread around or (or maybe Harmony Central?) that showcases a ton of GORM boards.
And maybe we can fly away from here, surf on the debris of a broken scene...
best way is to build your own, i did and it cost me about 30 bucks
Member of the Schecter Hellraisers
Gear:
Esp Ltd KH-603, Schecter c-1+ and Epiphone Les Pauls
Carvin amps, Sperzel Trim-Lok, Emg active pickups only, Tonepros bridges.
Quote by gald
If you really don't want to build your own (which is normally the best option) you can find some pretty inexpensive ones at www.rondomusic.com. They're not bad for the price, but they won't stand up to real ATA cases obviously.

If there's and IKEA near you thier GORM shelving is more or less a pre-made pedalboard. There's a thread around or (or maybe Harmony Central?) that showcases a ton of GORM boards.

Was about to post the rondomusic website
Peavey VTM
Marshall 8412
Fender 4x12 loaded with t75's
Epiphone LP-100
Fender Stratocaster Highway one
I got a boss bcb-60. It worked fine til I ran outta space. I've since reworked it to hold 9 pedals (one of which is the BIG big muff pi, and another is a Boss V Wah) instead of the intended 6 stompboxes. I now use a new power adaptor, as the boss couldn't handle the amount of pedals - the Diago Powerstation. Flawless power for up to 30 boxes. Over all between the bcb-60 and the diago ps, I've spent about €220, but it will last and now it's perfect.
Gear:

Is what some junkies refer to heroin as. For me it's just loads of wires and good sturdy housing, but just as addictive.
I recommend you getting your own. I built mine, and it's great and fun and all, but it's much easier to get a nice one and just buy it.

If you're willing to shell out a lot of money then go for this one; this is the one I plan on getting later.

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/SKB-SKBPS55-Stagefive-Professional-Pedal-Management-System?sku=542022

It works on a grid system (meaning you can only place your pedals at certain points, but you can put all your wires (patch cables and power cables alike) under the grid and keep it clear and de-cluttered. Apparently, you can't run EHX pedals on it, but I haven't confirmed it. It's also got loads of doodads such as a cable tester, stereo looping/effects looping, etc.

If you're looking for simplicity, then I'd recommend the:

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Gator-GPT-PRO-PWR-Powered-Pro-Size-Pedalboard-with-Bag?sku=150148
GEAR
Epiphone SG-400
Marshall 1987 JCM-800 2210 100W

Proud Member of:
The SG Owners Unite
Marshall Amplification
EHX Users Guild

The True Eccentric Tea Drinking Appreciation Preservation Society

the first one says in the features it's got power outs for EHX pedals...

just build one. you'll have more control over size and pedal placement etc., it'll be cheaper most likely, it's an experience, and it'll make you more awesome.
i think you should build one i made one yesterday and cost 20 dollers