There doesn't appear to be one of these - I searched, and as usual it came back with lots and lots of irrelevant things, but couldn't see anything food related.

So...

In here goes all things kitchen. Recipes, advice, favourite saucepans, and much else related to home economics and culinary delights.

Recipe for some epic colcannon I just made - I would post amounts, but I never measure things:

Cabbage
Mashed potatoes
Bacon
Grated Cheese
Herbs
Salt n Pepper
Butter

As usual, I made far too much food, so I've got bubble and squeak for tomorrow now
How excellent, I was going to start a thread like this, now I don't have to!
This morning I made a tasty omelet consisting of
Eggs
Green onion
Green pepper
marble cheese
diced potatoes
zesty nacho cheese
You didn't search right.

Quote by Våd Hamster
Find a dice and assign a number to each girl. Throw the dice.

The number you hope for at the moment you throw the dice, is the one you'll want to keep.
I'll chuck in a recipe for cheap Thai green curry, which tastes good, and happens to be one of those Feed your Family for a Fiver deals you get from Sainsbury's

You need:

300g pack of sainsbury's basics chicken breast (hee hee) pieces
1 onion (this isn't necessary)
1 broccoli
1 lime (again, completely disposable, I've never had it)
2 x 65g packs of sainsbury's basics instant chicken noodles
250g jar of Thai green curry paste
Olive oil
1 chicken stock cube

1. Heat a tablespoon of olive oil in a pan. Chop up the onion, stick it in there, fry it until it's soft. Put that aside.

2. Cut the chicken breast into smallish pieces. Stick it in the pan. Pour in the curry paste (recipe says 100g of it - I usually stick it all in).

3. While that's cooking, get rid of the flavour packets from the noodles, cut the broccoli into small pieces, and make 600ml of chicken stock with the stock cube. Stick that all in when the chicken is cooked or nearly cooked. Simmer. Usually takes another 10 minutes or so.

Remember, it's not the end of the world if there's no onion, you don't really notice it in the final thing. I've never put any lime in as I'm not sure it would taste too good, but if you want it, slice it up and put it in at the same time as the noodles, broccoli and stock.

Eat.

That's it. It's easier than it looks, especially when you get the hang of it, and it'll happily feed 2-3 people. It's also surprisingly tasty.
Last edited by webbtje at Jul 12, 2009,
so: how to make the perfect pancake?
I want my pancakes to be thin and crispy, but I almost never succeed >.> any hints or tips?
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Quote by thorbor
I want my pancakes to be thin and crispy, but I almost never succeed >.> any hints or tips?

Just a question of timing and not putting too much mix in the pan.
On the subject of omelettes.

My mate made a Super Noodle omelette yesterday, I was extremely sceptical - given how disgusting Super Noodles are - But it was quite nice.
^^Brownies + hash

There are recipes all over Google, I'd rather not link.

Quote by urbanfox
On the subject of omelettes.

My mate made a Super Noodle omelette yesterday, I was extremely sceptical - given how disgusting Super Noodles are - But it was quite nice.

Did he flavour them or just have the noodles without the packet? They're tasteless on their own, if so that's why you weren't violently ill.
Quote by thorbor

maybe try putting a little less milk or mix and a little more water. You'll probably have to experiment a bit. I like mine thicker and softer so thats just the opposite of what I do
My Gear
Fender 72 Tele Deluxe
Behringer GM108
Austin Boot-Heel Cutaway
Dunlop Original Crybaby
Boss DS-1 Distortion
Peavey Valveking 112

Quote by mikeman
Everyone can relate to food or taking dumps but nobody sings about it.