Hello again my brother is looking for a new amp, he plays blues and rock, he doesn't need it for anything other than bedroom practice his budget is about £60-£100.

So far he likes the look of the orange crush 10 and the Fender champion 600, are these good amps?

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks Ben.
Go for the Champ. It will blow away the Crush.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
Buy teh Findarr
daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
I'm gonna need specific instructions again on how to properly dance with my pants on my head.
Quote by lolmnt
First you put your pants on your head.
Second you dance.
Third you wipe off all the pussy.
What guitar does he have?
daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
I'm gonna need specific instructions again on how to properly dance with my pants on my head.
Quote by lolmnt
Second you dance.
A squire Strat but it is modified quite a lot (3 fender pickups, new bridge, new tuners).
Teh Findarr!!!
daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
Quote by lolmnt
Second you dance.
what music does he play? does he have any pedals?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
what music does he play? does he have any pedals?
the Fender may not suit if he plays heavy metal. so answer this please.
yeah, that's kind of what i mean. the champion will sound good with the squier strat if he's after that characteristic fendery tone, but you're not getting much dirt out of it without pedals, and I'm guessing it's not going to do anything heavier than hardish rock well even with a pedal.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by AngryGoldfish
the Fender may not suit if he plays heavy metal. so answer this please.

Please refrain from posting until after reading the OP.

Quote by ben130793
Hello again my brother is looking for a new amp, he plays blues and rock,

There you go.
daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
Quote by lolmnt
Second you dance.
wow, both of us completely blanked the opening post

What type of blues and rock?
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?

indeed we did. there is a hole with my name on it. excuse me.

the orange crush is not something i would personally recommend. it is a little sterile sounding with a cheap and tacky build quality.

my experience with the champion is limited. so i can suggest a vox ad15vt from the used market. it is a nice modelling amp for both blues and heavy rock. the option of having a few decent effects also allows for a little tonal shaping. the eq system is not particularly great, but that is often the case with amps that use transistors as their tone (even though it uses a 12AX7 power tube)
Didn't mean to come off as a douche BTW angrygoldfish and Dave MC
daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
Quote by lolmnt
Second you dance.
haha, no worries. I just completely missed it, somehow.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by JayT44
Didn't mean to come off as a douche BTW angrygoldfish and Dave MC
yeah, you were such a bastard...
Quote by AngryGoldfish
yeah, you were such a bastard...

daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
Quote by lolmnt
Second you dance.
If he loves the Orange Crush sound don't discourage him. If I had to get a cheap amp I'd get a Crush
Many thanks everyone he plays music like , The jimmy Hendrix experience, Thin Lizzy, Eric Clapton, Led zeppelin.
as i mentioned...

brand new
http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/en/78306

second hand
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/vox-valvetronix-ad15vt_W0QQitemZ200361012518QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_MusicalInstr_Amplifiers_RL?hash=item2ea6726d26&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=65%3A12%7C66%3A4%7C39%3A1%7C72%3A1688%7C293%3A1%7C294%3A200

Quote by Union Of V
If he loves the Orange Crush sound don't discourage him. If I had to get a cheap amp I'd get a Crush

It's not about discouraging people for liking something, it's about advicing on what may be a better option. I like the tones of Orange, but I think there are better amps out there, particularly for me. Unless someone suggests them and explains why there are others to look at I'll never know what they are.
yeah, a valvetronix might be the best bet (out of what i've tried, anyway). none of those tones are particularly heavy, you might get them out of a 5-watt tube amp, but it's going to be really loud to crank one up to the point where you get tones like that, and buying a couple of pedals to get those tones at lower volumes is going to up the price considerably too.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?