I call my guitar the "golden tiger" because it has a gold pickguard and the finish is red. My brother though it would be "cool" to write (with sharpie) golden tiger in chinese on my guitar neck. When I came home I was so ticked that he did this! (This was a month ago)And on top of all this, he lacquered it with clear nail polish. How do I get rid of this? Can i use mineral spirits? I don't want to ruin the finish of the neck.
Last edited by IbanezGRX40man at Jul 12, 2009,
^ +1 Or use minerals to clean it, then mix his blood with windex to clean up the aftermath and make it shine like a fresh dead child.
Ibanez SAS32EX
Caparison TAT II
Music Man JP 6
BOSS GT-10
ENGL Fireball 60
ENGL Pro Greenback 4x12

Finger nail polish remover
Luna Andromeda dragon bass
Schecter Omen Extreme
Fender strat
Fender Labrea electic/acoustic
Peavey tour 450
Peavey tour 410/115
Galien-kruger Backline 600
Black Heart BH15h
Gibson Les Paul gold top (Knock off)
Will you post a picture before you do? It sounds really cool.
CuSO4

"I don't have an instrument, I don't have a great voice, I just have some nice clothes maybe." paul rutherford
Quote by Hereiwas
Will you post a picture before you do? It sounds really cool.

please
Quote by jackbauer
playing by yourself is like masturbating, sure it feels great, but it's nothing compared to the real deal.

Quote by guylee
Oh Shit! I Have A Weird Growth On My Body!

To The Pit!

JOIN MY GROUP plox

http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/tonelife/
sounds like you brother is a douche.. and so are you for having him hook you up with sweet ass graphics... really dude.. he "lacquered it with clear nail polish" or did you do it and not like the results..
I agree with the use of his blood after a good beat down.

I know that finger nail polish actually fades after being rubbed alot. Just leave it on until the polish is off from playing. I have actually used rubbing alchohol. if you wipe it quickly after doing it, you'll stop damage from being done.

I also read on another forum that someone took a dry-erase maker, drew over the Perm, marker, and then wiped it away with a dry-erase eraser.
GEAR
Guitars
Yamaha RGS-121
IBANEZ GIO GAX30
Sound
ACQUIRING AMP
Boss ME-6 multi-effects
Boss DS-1

New things are in order.